Demo crews

Aeschere

Hey there,

I am currently playing Ressurectionists myself focussing on Nico but also having the Seamus box.

Over here we are really lacking a Henchman and I am thinking about applying for the job but for that I will need two crews which can be used to show interested/new players how the game works. Although I can play Nico vs Seamus I would rather have a crew from a different faction, so that they can see other models and experience different play styles, but I am at loss on which crew to get for this purpose and I am hoping that you guys could give me some advice on what to get.

Since I will have to paint to models, and play with them I would like them to be a crew that I like to see as well so I narrowed it down to the following options:

- Leveticus

- Zoraida

- C. Hoffman

- Colette du Bois

- Ramos

Which of these crews will be most suited to play some demo games with. Mind you, it will eventually only be boxed games so no additional blisters should be required to play.

Thanks in advance.

Levi and Colette are a bit difficult in playstyle for demos. Especially Levi is crazy weird so I strongly suggest against him as a demo crew (that, and his box is kinda weird as a standalone).

Out of the ones you listed I think that Zoraida is the best though Ramos and Hoffman also work. I would go with Zoraida since her minions are Living which makes Seamus make more sense in a way. Zoraida's box is also a lot of fun.

I would have to agree with Lordzombie. Rasputina is a really straight forward box set to use (IMO). I just started playing with her and I frankly don't want to stop! haha

I personaly would stay away from the Outcast faction as a demo simply because they (from what I have read and seen with another player in my group) have a lot of either weird rules with fate hands and soul stones. Collette is evil!!! Plain and simple! I would not want to play her as a beginner in a demo!! For personal reasons I refuse to validate C.Hoffman, he is my archnemesis! lol

I wouldn't say no to the Outcasts. The Freikorps box set is an awesome themed force that is very easy to play. The Viks are easy to play as well and you wouldn't have to paint very many models (Viks, Bishop, Taelor, Johan, only 5 models). The Lacroix box set is also effective, fun and easy to play. Of your options, I personally like either Ramos or Hoffman. Hoffman is not too challenging to play, but you may have to buy a Peacekeeper because otherwise he isn't at the 25 SS mark that most boxes are at. I started out with the Freikorps and Leveticus, but I messed up with the rules with Levi my first few battles so Levi isn't the best for demo games, especially since he uses very different rules and might not prepare your players as well. You may still want to get him for yourself though.