Low SS cost models to add to a hoffman crew?

Spifferson

Hey its another "what should I buy" post!

Aren't you excited?

Inspired in part by a gamer's lounge podcast segment. Where traveling for games and transportation was talked about.

I picked up a sturdy pelican case and carved up the foam. Now its a very rugged and portable traveling case for my Hoffman crew. The case is tough and I am very confident in its abilities to protect my crew. However I am left with a little bit of space for some additions and being quite new with Hoffman suggestions are welcome.

So far I have

Hoffman

+2 totems

Peacekeeper

Ryle

Guardian

2 Wardens

2 Hunters

Watcher

And I am left with space for a large 50mm and 3-4 30mm based miniatures. Plus room for clockworktraps when they are released.

50mm I am thinking of a pale/mech rider using one horse and 2 different riders. Or waiting around for the avatar.

I am unsure of what to flesh out the crew with. I'm thinking a couple of low soulstone models to bolster the ranks while the Hoffball does its thing.

Funny, I was thinking the exact same thing.

Is my memory failing me, or aren't traps actually Rare 3, but become Rare 6 if you have a Pathfinder and/or McCabe in the crew?

So a Pathfinder (rare 2) and 3 traps makes sense, unless they want boxes to contain enough for a single PF to run the entire contingent of doubled Rarity on their own.

At which point I have no idea why you'd want 12, let alone 14 you could feasibly end up with from two boxes. Replacements? Funny interaction with the Rare numbers and brawls (12 would then make a little sense, 14 is still right out).

I suspect it'll be another "Warden Situation" and we won't know until we either get the March releases (assuming the PF box gets artwork and/or the official number) or someone gets their hands on the sprue(s).

As long as they're affordable (Warstore has 'em at $17 or so a box), 3 wouldn't bother me and 6-7 would probably ensure I wouldn't need a second box. I've yet to really sink my teeth into them, but I think 1 PF will suffice for the 25-35ss games I generally play in anyway, short of deciding to run a pure shenanigans trap crew for Hoffman.

Hey thanks everyone for the suggestions.

Of course I plan on getting some clockwork traps and maybe a pathfinder to add to the mix.

I've already decided to pick up a witchling stalker as I've faced them several times with my rezzers. The magic weapon and anti-magic abilities are a great option to have.

Santiago with the guardian are a great Idea as I often find the guardian struggling to keep up. Being new to hoffman I have been blinded by a construct only crew and have been fielding ryle. How will they differ?

I was originally going to pick up a pair of guild hounds but maybe wastrels are more versatile? I see the hounds having gret speed but many constructs can be speedy themselves.

Say in a hypothetically fun situation you've attached Avatar Hoffman. Would you still buy a totem to start with? Also, would you consider using the brutal effigy in that situation?

Edited by Spifferson