OOTers on Speed- A Painting Contest

edonil

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

morning from snowy england!!there are some belting good entries here! chompy in an hour was ambitious but wow nice job!! Guardian finally got his chicken feather out and painted the witchling!!nice job too fella!! Zagreb well represented me thinks!!

is the voting thread up yet??

---------- Post added at 10:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 AM ----------

Oh yeah And Simulacrum29 really nice effort!! shame your couldnt get it in the hour!! think you may have stole a few votes!! good job!!

No worries. :)

---------- Post added at 05:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 AM ----------

Hm. Well, we can't limit people to three votes, but we can do a multiple vote...so we're going with that because it's what we have. There'll be a survey thread once I put up the voting thread, if you guys could put up your thoughts of the competition itself there I'd appreciate it!

And now for the rest of the comments!

aka_hazard: how long did it end up taking? That's a gigantic mini and the skin has a lot to highlight so I think that it is entirely understandable that you didn't make it. The end result, however, looks great! Positively monstrous. The skin looks good and since that's mostly it - well done! Maybe a slight purple wash onto the stiched parts? I do like your base as well. It gives a nice sense of scale for the model.

Guardian: you Zagrebians certainly can paint! Taking the dog out seems like one-upping on peterdita's smoke break! But seriously, a nice Witchling. You went for a very no-nonsense scheme fitting a convicted husk of a mage. The pics could be a bit bigger, I think. Now it's a bit hard to make out the details. I do like the colour of the metal you've chosen for the gun! And the base is very nice.

Mister Shine: First, I must say that I'm a bit disappointed that you didn't use gloss varnish over the whole mini. I feel like I've been lied to... :-P OK, but seriously, you went for one huge mini! Damn, just putting on the base coat takes a long time for NLCB! It does seem a bit rushed in a couple of places and maybe a darker red for the tongue would make it a little less aggressive but I do like the colours otherwise and the two-tone limbs are a good idea. Kudos for finishing such a giant in so short a time!