Can Models Attack Themselves?

noob

Question

C. Hoffman's "Machine Puppet" allows his controller to have "target Construct within 4" makes a strike one of its basic weapons." It goes on to not what the construct gains for that strike and what it's CB becomes for that strike.

I was wondering if C. Hoffman can make an enemy construct attack itself with that ability. I couldn't find anything in the rulebook that stated a model couldn't target itself with a melee attack.

If any mod or (in the WarmaHordes forums they're called Infernals, the ones who have final say on any rules dispute and represent Privateer Press) or any veteran rules-savvy player could help me out, that would be great!

I got into the Guild years ago when the game first took off and haven't played since the first rulebook. Got back into it last week with my two Guild Crews and picked the Ten Thunders faction but in my second game my opponent and I hit this situation where I performed that action on one of his constructs. We were unsure of how it was supposed to be played and since we didn't find anything countering the argument in the rulebook, we played as if C. Hoffman COULD do this.

Thanks!

Noob

4 answers to this question

If any mod or (in the WarmaHordes forums they're called Infernals, the ones who have final say on any rules dispute and represent Privateer Press) or any veteran rules-savvy player could help me out, that would be great!

Just FYI over hear they're called 'rules marshals' and have a marshal’s star under their name.