Lost Love 25SS Tournament in Essex, 17th Feb

Clousseau

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to check we need to confirm Masters / blisters by this Saturday?

I'm down for McCabe but have played him a couple of times and he mkes me want to bash my head against a wall

Will try to give him another outing before the weekend but might swich to Sonnia who I have only played a couple of times but at least makes sense, and sets things on fire!

Anyway, I have been skipping through the rule book and was getting concerned that it was all feeling like gibberish :(

Could I suggest that you install the Vassel module and get in some practice games on there if you're concerned about not knowing the rules. It's easy to install, free and you can easily get experience playing against different people and different crews.

I have tried to get to grips with Vassel in the past for 40k but I find that I really do not have the time to learn how to even use it. Computers games and the like do not come easy to me. Well I was fine back in the day with my zx Spectrum, up down left right and fire. Sorted. But now everything feels too complex.

OMG I sound like an OAP :(

I have tried to get to grips with Vassel in the past for 40k but I find that I really do not have the time to learn how to even use it. Computers games and the like do not come easy to me. Well I was fine back in the day with my zx Spectrum, up down left right and fire. Sorted. But now everything feels too complex.

OMG I sound like an OAP :(

Out of curiosity, where are you based in Essex? A few of us are planning to get a practice game or two in before the tournament at TTN (nothing like a home field advantage!). If you are local enough to join us then you are welcome.

Edited by Trevelyan

Out of curiosity, where are you based in Essex? A few of us are planning to get a practice game or two in before the tournament at TTN (nothing like a home field advantage!). If you are local enough to join us then you are welcome.

I am based in South Essex near Grays. I would be interested in some mid week games but my weekends are full already. Keep me posted. And to be fair if we are not too far apart then I would be happy to get some games in after the event too, just to keep my hand in.

Michael

As suspected - I'm often confused (I blame my age)!

So 30 signed up and paid, which is brilliant. Could the 5 still on the list but not paid up yet please either buy a ticket or let me know if they are still going. Also I'm still trying to clarify the Phils and Michaels!

I'm marked as unpaid but I have bought a ticket from Wayland...do you need information from me to confirm that? (I'm Phil Davies)

Edited by Destrin

I am based in South Essex near Grays. I would be interested in some mid week games but my weekends are full already. Keep me posted. And to be fair if we are not too far apart then I would be happy to get some games in after the event too, just to keep my hand in.

As it happens we were planning a game this coming Wednesday evening, around 8pm at TTN. If you can make it you are more than welcome (we currently have three people coming so you'd be a convenient forth!). Games after the event are always a good thing too!

PM me for details. And if You've not been to TTN before then it might be marginally tricky to find, so I can provide directions.

Just to check we need to confirm Masters / blisters by this Saturday?

I'm down for McCabe but have played him a couple of times and he mkes me want to bash my head against a wall

Will try to give him another outing before the weekend but might swich to Sonnia who I have only played a couple of times but at least makes sense, and sets things on fire!

I'm in exactly the same boat - I've had a couple of games with McCabe, and it just isn't working... I don't know if its just a playstyle clash or I'm doing something wrong, but I am not feeling it right now...

Can I switch to Misaki please?

McCabe certainly isn't as easy to use as he looks. I had great success with him at the Masters, but things haven't gone so well since then.

Please note that I want everyone to have identified a Master bythis weekend, but if anyone wants to change after that I don't mind. However, if you lose your first two games you can't then choose Master!

Well.. I could run Perdita with bit of base coating between now and then, I'd need cards for Judge and Santiago, I think my cards for Perdi, Nino and Francisco are all OK.

And alternative available for me is that I get glueing and undercoating and turn up with Rasputina, my cards required for her are all OK it seems.

Can I enter on the day if I get my crew together on time?