Molemen insignificant interaction

WombatJ

Question

Hey guys, I think I'm missing something blatantly obvious, but I just wanted to get this cleared up. The molemen have tunneling, which makes them insignificant until the spell ends. The spell ends when they take an action other than pass or walk. Now take an example like the strategy "Destroy the Evidence", where insignificant models cannot take the interact action to do this.

What's the deal? Can molemen just "choose" to stop tunneling? Or can they start taking the interact which immediately ends their tunneling so they can complete it? That seems unlikely per RAW. My only other option is that I'd need to take a separate action just to end tunneling, like wasting a 0 action to dig in before interacting. That's why I'm thinking they must be able to just choose to drop the spell, but I can't find any backing for that, and my internet searches have turned up fruitless. Thoughts?

4 answers to this question

Un-intuitive, but that's what I was getting from the rules, so thanks for the confirmation.

Ok, now I have a followup: is there some (1) action (not requiring being engaged) that I can take to free myself out of it? It seems like there could frequently be cases where I'd rather be able to save my "dug in", over just having another 3" of movement, but the only (1) actions I can think of that don't require being in combat are pass and walk, and obviously they don't break it.