New to Malifaux, here are my first competed models (Ortegas)

Deanster

Hello!

I'be been hanging around the forums for awhile, and I have just recently started painting my models and playing Malifaux. I thought I'd post the first two completed models and maybe get some feedback.

Perdita and Papa are my first two. I have Francisco and Nino almost finished. I'm waiting to finish Santiago until I know if I'm able to get the alternate "Santana" sculpt.

Without further wait, I present Perdita...

IMAG0408_zpsfc8b6c64.jpg

IMAG0417_zps540da5d7.jpg

...and here is Papa...

IMAG0424-1_zps0232ebbe.jpg

IMAG0428-1_zps6e7dc3e7.jpg

Thank you for your indulgence!

Tonight I finished Nino... Francisco is being a bit bothersome, I'm not quite happy with his frilly shirt or his sword. Perhaps another Gin & Tonic and I'll get him finished later!

Here is Nino...

IMAG0430-1-1_zps2e722cb8.jpg

IMAG0442-1-1_zps4e9d13d9.jpg

IMAG0431-1-1_zps1d65c6b7.jpg

As always, your comments are appreciated.

I just finished Francisco AND my Enslaved Nephilim, here are the pics...

IMAG0453-1_zps6777b475.jpg

IMAG0454-2_zps80bb7aa7.jpg

IMAG0448-1_zps0687b0b7.jpg

IMAG0449-1_zps01bb257f.jpg

I finished Santiago this evening, I'm still waiting on Santana to arrive, but I'm ready to field my Ortegas!

I'm working on an objective marker and pondering what crew to start next.

Here's Santiago...

IMAG0455-1_zps96a9009f.jpg

IMAG0458-1_zpsefa929c1.jpg

And a group pic...

IMAG0460-1_zpsd3127a85.jpg

Stay tuned for more!

Finally, Grandma Ortega... Always bring your pocketbook to a fight!

IMAG0483-1_zps39531112.jpg

IMAG0492-1_zpsf69ea940.jpg

Edited by Deanster

Pretty great all around. Nice attention to detail. Bases really add to it. Nice work on the faces...agree with Argentbadger about Perdita's face....I really like her lips. Papa's pants look great.

One bit of constructive criticism. I think you went overboard on the blue-black hair for Perdita. I like it, but too much blue. I would hit it with a black wash to tone it down some. Also, it is too big. With hair (especially black hair), smaller highlights are better since it keeps the black as the main color. Going smaller and highlighting even higher (I go all the way to white) creates the effect of nice, clean, healthy, vibrant hair. Not highlighting light enough can make the hair seem dirty or greasy.

Papa's hair on the other hand is perfect. It looks grey and a bit dirty....perfect for a crazy old geezer.

Thank you everyone for the kind words!

The writing on Papa's sign was indeed "challenging" I must have started over a half dozen times. That little detail took me about an hour to complete.

I happy everyone likes how I painted Perdita's face. I have eyes painted under that sombrero too!

I really like that Wyrd sells the base inserts to finish the model with. I have seen many well painted models that would have been so much better with a decent scenic base. The fact that I only have to paint 5 of 8 models to complete my "army" allows me to spend more time on details like the bases.

Thank you for the constructive criticism, I have the alternate Perdita sculpt as well as her avatar, I will employ your advice on those two models!

I am nearly finished with Francisco and Nino and will most likely post their pictures tonight.

Once again, thank you for all the kind words and advice.