Railworker and Disengaging on 3"

96p

Question

11 answers to this question

I think the rail worker only gets to use the range boost to his weapon when he makes the strike, so if you are more the 2" away you are not engaged, so there is no strike to make.

I would have to check the cards wording to be sure, but I vaguely remember looking at this a month ago and deciding I couldn't keep engaged something 3" away.

Rules about Disangeging on page 48 give a clear answer to that. The model's controller may interrupt the active model's movement when it leaves the longest melee range of the passive model. Since 3" only applies when the Rail Worker makes an attack, during the opposing model's movement he only has the normal 2" range. So I'd say a definite no to this.

No. You declare a disengaging strike once the model moves to your furthest melee range.

Which is two inches.

You can't then choose to make your melee range 3" and let them move another inch...

---------- Post added at 09:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 AM ----------

No. You declare a disengaging strike once the model moves to your furthest melee range.

Which is two inches.

You can't then choose to make your melee range 3" and let them move another inch...