Dungeon TerraClips what to get?

Fading Memory

A friend of mine want to split the cost of making a sweet board. So my question is, How many boxes of the Dungeon terraclips does it take to make the sweet looking terrain as seen on the Wyrd Facebook?

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wyrd-Games/77192606438?sk=photos_albums

And/or what do you recommend buying (from personal experience)?

Generally you need two of any terraclips sets to make a full board (There will be plenty of extra stuff though).

I wouldn't recommend getting 2 though (unless you already have one or more of the older Malifaux specific ones). Instead I would suggest getting either the Buildings or Sewers of Malifaux with the Dungeon Essentials (The Buildings of Malifaux and Dungeon Essentials really do augment each other very nicely).

Is there a specific reason to not get 2 of the dungeon boxes? And what is it about the buildings that works well with the dungeon essentials?

I just want to learn as much as I can before we dish out the money. Don't want to have an "I told you so moment."

The biggest reason for purchasing cross sets is for variety. The two sets will compliment each other very well without being repetitive (and the Dungeon Essentials set will allow a lot of extras for fleshing out interiors of the Buildings). The Dungeon Sets are great but a bit too specialized to fill a whole table with (granted this is my opinion only).

I would also recommend the Dungeon Ruins set with either the Buildings or Streets sets (The Prison set looks best/ compliments the Sewers best).

Terraclips can be a bit daunting to get into but when you consider the amount of terrain you will be able to create along with the versatility and the tiny physical space it all occupies (I have 9 sets with 6 boxes of clips in two 1.5 gallon storage bins with plenty of extra space) it is a solid product.

Don't forget the 'Clips. Mileage may vary, but I keep hearing to grab an extra box, that way if you end up using up all of one type of clip, you still have more of them in the next box.

Generally you want a box of clips per set up to 3 sets then a set per two there after.