Disabling font colors

As i find some colour combinations hard to read, and some just eye gougingly vivid, I was wondering if there was a way to alter a setting in my profile so it only showed up text as unformatted, preferably without wiping all the code for images and such too. I had a quick poke around in the settings menu but couldn't see anything.

Any suggestions?

Hmm, what makes you guys think it would be him? *grin*

I don't want to block him, I want to be able to see and read his posts!

I usually select it when I'm on the laptop, as I find white on blue is easier to read, but if I'm on the pad it doesn't change the font colour so I get a really eye watering pink on pale blue. Hence me seeing if I could set my login to remove all font formatting. Since I know very little about the forum software I thought I'd ask.

Block Rathnard?

Well that would be the logical solution. ;)

So perhaps it's time to change my font colour then? I never found it difficult to read in my own text but if others do, it might be time for a change. So what do you think? Would any of these be more readable?

Current colour

Alternative one

Alternative three

Alternative four

Alternative five

Alternative six

I'd prefer pink rather than purple, but if the pink's not working then I'd be willing to change.

Edited by Rathnard

I thought it might be easier to change my settings, but if that's the simplest method and you're happy with it, four works for me! Still pinkish, but just enough darkness to it to stand out and be easy on the old eyes on both my screens. Purple like 5 and 6 just seems... wrong somehow!

So this one? Lets try it out;

JP-8 is made from the widely used commercial fuel Jet A-1, which itself is a middle-distilate of kerosene. Multiple additives are used in the production of JP-8 and include a fuel system icing inhibitor, a lubricity improver additive and a static dissipater additive. The exact composition of JP-8 jet fuel varies between manufacturers and batches, as it is made to meet performance specifications rather than specific chemical compositions. Different types of additives may be used, the concentration of compounds like aromatics and sulfur can vary and by extension, operational specifications like flash point and viscosity are likely to vary between fuel batche.

(Just an extract from a WiP review article;) )

So this one? Lets try it out;

JP-8 is made from the widely used commercial fuel Jet A-1, which itself is a middle-distilate of kerosene. Multiple additives are used in the production of JP-8 and include a fuel system icing inhibitor, a lubricity improver additive and a static dissipater additive. The exact composition of JP-8 jet fuel varies between manufacturers and batches, as it is made to meet performance specifications rather than specific chemical compositions. Different types of additives may be used, the concentration of compounds like aromatics and sulfur can vary and by extension, operational specifications like flash point and viscosity are likely to vary between fuel batche.

(Just an extract from a WiP review article;) )

My (former) field of expertise! Like it :).

Oh yeah, the color-thing: I'd prefer the sixth version, but I don't actually care ^^.