All 4 books page count?

birdbath

Hey all.

I have the small pocket rulebook about 8 months ago and I am loving the game but I would like to learn a bit more about the models I am playing so I decided to get some of the books.

I went to my normal online store and looked at the books and looked at the prices and thought I wonder how big these books are?

Would it be possible for anyone to tell me the page count of all 4 books and that is the 1.5 rulebook.

Also it seems all my masters come from book 2 so is it worth getting that one first or buy them a month at a time and in order?

Thanks in advance,

BB

If you've got the little rulebook, book 1.5 isnt a great purchase unless you want the fluff. All core rules in there can be found in the little book, and the erratas, and all model rules in there can be found online.

Book 2 is great, though if you already have the models, largely pointless unless you want the fluff. Most models that are "themed" for crews already come in the boxset for said crew, apart from certain totems and stuff. never the less, it's a great book, and has rules for some of the "best" models. By that, I mean the community considers them competitive, so if you're intending to go that route, it'll be useful to know what to purchase.

Book 3 would give you options to the avatars for your masters, that you cannot get anywhere else, so if you like the model for your avatars, this is worth considering. It also has some good minions, though few of them, because a lot of room ~60%, is taken by avatars.

Book 4 has some great masters, some really interesting crews, more models for special forces so if you own henchmen its a good bet. Crucial if you play 10T. Smaller than the other books, but cheaper to reflect that.

All in all, I'd say pick up book 3 or 4 depending on which set of models you prefer. whilst all the books are nice, having them is by no means crucial to play, and I think most of us would much rather spend that cash on models, rather than books. Pick up book 2 if you see it somewhere cheap or have the cash spare at some point.

Book 1.5 - 236 pages

Book 2 - 256 pages

Book 3 - 275 pages

Book 4 - 160 pages

Book 1.5 is only needed for you (as you have rules manual) if you want fluff. All the rules are in Manual and all cards are free pdf downloads.

Book 2 would probably be most handy. Book 3 adds in avatars and a couple of other units that may or may not be useful for you.

Book 4 adds more models and a new faction, but as most models arent yet available you probably wont be playing them.

I would buy the books on a spread out basis. I love the fluff and imagery so they were key for me.

Book 1.5 is only needed for you (as you have rules manual) if you want fluff. All the rules are in Manual and all cards are free pdf downloads.

Not to nitpick but only those cards that were updated are available in the version 2 pdf's. Some models were not updated, the poltergiest for example.*

*It was not updated last time checked, YMMV.

If I went ahead and got book 4 will all the stories be lost on me because I missed the first 3 books or is book 4 a stand alone book because of the inclusion of the 10T?

You can read it on its own, for the most part.

But if you really have none of the other books, consider 1.5(The new remake of Book 1) as you will get a lot of models covered in it as well as having the rules.