Tournament at Vapnartak in York - Sunday Feb 3rd 2013

Guild Monkee

A big thanks to and for running the event. This was my first tournament ever and had a really amazing time. Has left me wanting more. Hopefully ill be able to make an apperance in harrogate next month (wife pending)

I love hoe the new stratagies have made the game even more competitive and holding out till the last turn to try gain a last minute win is no longer an optioin. I think ill be playing these more often now in my regulsr games :)

Also cheers to my 3 opponents on the day had 3 of the best games to date and a very memorable game 3 against the vics. Was a very norrow draw and i almost lost it horribly. Cheers to ian for been such a sport even whrn the cards were so horribly fated against him.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a great day of fun games - well run and managed and with players who all showed up with the right attitude :)

Thanks to my three opponents especially!

I think a mention needs to go to the lunch packs too - they were excellent! If every tourney did this it'd be great.

We had great debates on the drive back on the merits of the new gaining grounds strategies - both good and bad points.

I think that the TT scheme saving face is now right at the top of the tree of easy 2vps with sabotage and kidnap!

I would highly recommend this event to all for next year - the venue and the organisation were spot on.

Liked the new strategies used in the first 2 games best. Forced interaction between opposing crews, not the sit back and wait.

Not sure about shared beat down. Maybe it as just mine and my opponents schemes and crew choices. No inventive for me to do anything other than try and deter my opponent then swoop for a last minute win. Would like to play it a bit more to see how I feel

Great event though.

I would highly recommend this event to all for next year

I've already agreed to run it again next year :)

---------- Post added at 01:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 PM ----------

Any feedback people have on the new strategies, please could you email it to me at guildmonkee@gmail.com. I know Adam was debating using them for the Harrogate tourney on 10/03 so it might help preempt questions if there's an FAQ document available.

Also cheers to my 3 opponents on the day had 3 of the best games to date and a very memorable game 3 against the vics. Was a very norrow draw and i almost lost it horribly. Cheers to ian for been such a sport even whrn the cards were so horribly fated against him.

Apart from that Black Joker I don't think I could really claim the cards were against me. How many times did I trigger Whirlwind on the Viks?

Have you seen the discussion I instigated on the Red Joker that appeared when I was shooting into combat?

http://www.wyrd-games.net/showthread.php?38925-Red-Joker-on-a-neg-flip/page2

It looks like we played that wrong...

Edited by Serigala

cheers for all three of my games, even if I was a bit of a grumpt in my second (sorry greg) ;)

The card gods definitely abandoned me today - bring on the next one :)

Don't worry about it, you behaved like a gent the whole game. You we're just unfortuate that wp4 wastrals and stiched togethers don't mix.

To be honest my hand first turn was horrible it was the two gamblers that got me most of my good cards. Lelu also had no buisness going on such a rampage.

I did manage to continue the grand tradition of killing one of my own stiched though.

Thanks for organising the event guys, was a great experience for my first Malifaux tournament. Can't believe I came 4th! John and I were hoping to not loose 1 game.

Hopefully we'll be at the event in Harrogate in March.

Greg