Devlan mud new name or a better alterneative?

iamthefly

Hi,

My devlan mud is nearly all gone (one tub actually rotted after i spilled it and slooshed it back into the pot, it has separated into a green and a white layer?! The regular cheesy-ass smell is now nearly unbearable)

Whats Devlan mud called now and has anyone found another 'fairy dust' wash/product that does what GW dm does?

Cheers

Edited by iamthefly
adding cheesy-ass comment

I've been using the new citadel Null Oil as my replacement, I find its ever so slightly lighter than the Devlan Mud.

As for the army painter series. I'm not 100% sure but I Think I know a guy who did his warmahorde army with it and its a fairly think layer. I could be wrong on the product he uses.

He probably used the army painter dips (thick stuff, similar to wood stain). The army painter washes are pretty much indistinguishable from GW's old babab black and devlan mud washes, aside from it being in production, coming from a dropper with more in it, and being cheaper.

Agrathax Earthshade and Nuln Oil (or whatever they're called) are pants.

Nothing like the properties or even the same colours as Devlin or Badab, thinner too.

The new 'Base' paints are nothing like the old foundation paints either, nowhere near as much pigment in them, it makes me a sad panda.

I'm gonna have to check these army painter washes out, I too thought people were refering to the dips, thanks for the recommendation guys :)