Yan Lo tactical discussion, getting the ball rolling

DeleteAccount

okay, I'm fairly new to ressers and want to start trying out YanLo and his crew. Do I understand correctly, that you can use chi points and work on multiple paths concurrently? I.e. I start w/ 3 chi points, I can use 1 to gain level 1 on all 3 paths. Also if i use weight of the ages w/ trigger lost to time to kill an enemy model, do i get two chi points?

okay, I'm fairly new to ressers and want to start trying out YanLo and his crew. Do I understand correctly, that you can use chi points and work on multiple paths concurrently? I.e. I start w/ 3 chi points, I can use 1 to gain level 1 on all 3 paths. Also if i use weight of the ages w/ trigger lost to time to kill an enemy model, do i get two chi points?

1) No. One point to one level on one path.

2) Yes.

The only restriction to how you use chi points is that you have to complete the previous level in an individual path before moving on to the next. So you can mix and match as much as you want, do two levels in one path, one in another, as long as you start at the bottom and work your way up.

Quick query:

"Yan lo gains a chi token whenever a controlled non-ancestor model is killed within 8". "

People keep refering to gaining chi off enemies? I'm assuming you're interpreting the controlled bit as "not neutral" - Whereas I'm reading it and thinking "friendly"

any confirmation?

Quick query:

"Yan lo gains a chi token whenever a controlled non-ancestor model is killed within 8". "

People keep refering to gaining chi off enemies? I'm assuming you're interpreting the controlled bit as "not neutral" - Whereas I'm reading it and thinking "friendly"

any confirmation?

You've answered your own question there - if it meant friendly, it would say friendly. Mindless Zombies don't count, but everything else is fair game...

Quick query:

any confirmation?

It's controlled by anyone, it's to stop you picking up chi from Mindless Zombies.

This was going to be my next point... Avatar nicodem, picking up easy chi from non-neutral mindless zombies... I can't wait to try it :P

To be honest, Yan Lo seems like a great idea as a Brawl Master (for Ressers or Ten Thunders) as his Chi gathering only gets stronger with more models on the board - in a large game he could easily be pretty powerful by the end of the game...