Dishonored -Steampunk game.

robtion

I really want this game, but no money

---------- Post added at 09:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 AM ----------

Anyone else gotten this game yet?

I went and got it on PS3 (maybe it was better graphically on the PC.. meh), and so far it is great fun. There's a couple of tiny little frustrations, but they really don't diminish the game, in fact (at least for me) they make ya more stealthy in some ways.

do you know about the Chaos mechanic?

Being stealthy seems to be harder, but more rewarding

Well I got it and am only about 2 hours in but it is great.

@Silver Choc: Yes the stealth is challenging but quite satisfying. Chaos mechanic = the more people you kill the more rats and weepers roam the streets, the worse the plague becomes, and the ending of the game is much darker/more gloomy as far as I know. You can complete the entire game without killing anyone, which would be difficult but a good challenge.

Well I got it and am only about 2 hours in but it is great.

@Silver Choc: Yes the stealth is challenging but quite satisfying. Chaos mechanic = the more people you kill the more rats and weepers roam the streets, the worse the plague becomes, and the ending of the game is much darker/more gloomy as far as I know. You can complete the entire game without killing anyone, which would be difficult but a good challenge.

It the part that like the most about it, it's not telling you that it's punishing you for killing, but it is

The thing I don't quite get, are you generating Chaos simply for killing, or are you getting it for killing AND having the bodies get found?

I unlocked the perk that turns dead people into smoke if they are unawares when they are whacked.. its kinda cool.

Just killing

Killing and hiding the bodies makes you a good assassin, not kill makes you a good person

I have only made it through the first real mission after the prologue this morning but I really really like the game. I've cleared both the prologue and the first mission with low chaos...but I have to admit I am not the sneakiest assassin there ever was...

I try really really hard to not alarm people or at the very least sleep dart them or choke them out...and then every once in a while I will be seen and have no where to run and am forced to kill some people....brutally...but it is a lot of fun...i like possessing rats and crawling into all the little secret areas.

@Neverborn403: I am nearing the end of my first playthrough and have gone the low chaos, sneaky route. The good news is the game only gets better as you get further and it gets easier as your powers grow. Just do side missions and get all the runes to upgrade those powers.

I am using lvl 2 blink, lvl 2 possession, lvl 2 bend time, and level 2 dark vision, and it feels like a winning combo for a stealth based player to me. Second play I will go high chaos action and use devoring rats, windblast, shadow kill, and blood thirsty :)

• 1 month later...

Iam going threw now , I am playing the game in the fashion of sneaking til I get caught than I dispatch everyone who comes at me ( often yelling "come at me bro ! " ) . Iam using level 2 blink , wind blast level 2 , turning turning fallen to ash , and have my crossbow with full upgrade and pistol not far behind . the level 2 optics on the mask turn the crossbow into a sniper rifle lol . But with zoom optics and enough sleep darts getting by most areas is pretty easy .