Help with McMourning vs Somer

Malal

Hi there, I'm fairly new to Malifaux (3rd game in) and am after some help. The local wargame club is having a Malifaux league at the moment and my next opponent will be a Somer crew in a shared claim jump 25SS match.

I figure I'll take slaughter as one of my schemes as we'll probably be fighting over the centre anyway but am unsure on the other scheme.

So any advice on the other scheme or what I can take to deal with him? I think my opponent will be running 4 giant mosquito's (don't think he'll be starting with all 4), a war-pig, Rami Lacroix then filling up on gremlins and pigs. Apart from Rami, I don't have the stat cards for any so no clue as to his strengths/weaknesses/abilities other than the mosquitos have a high def and wp.

All advice greatfully received ;)

I like His Fattness idea of using the Drowned, kind of creates a mutually assured destruction if I can get them close enough to his Mosquito's and he uses pull my finger.

Was looking at Crooked Men also but doesn't pull my finger have no resist so their def won't help?

Does anyone think Bette Noir might be a good idea? Then if he starts sacrificing models to make models at the start I can drop a nice high def model right in amongst his gang.

Still unsure about schemes (more unsure now 'cause I thought I had one picked but Ausplosion correctly pointed out it wasn't a scheme), think I might take the Doc's own scheme, I can't see me not getting 5 body parts throughout the game.

Models I've got are 3 Belle's, 4 Canine Remains, Zombie Chihuahua, 1 Drowned, 4 Crooked Men, 4 Punk Zombies, 1 Dead Doxy, Molly Squidpidge, Sebastian, Dead Rider, Bette Noir, 1 Guild Autopsy, Grave Spirit, 2 Onryo, 2 Gaki, 1 Datsue-Ba, 1 Nurse, 1 Shikome, Carrion Effigy, 3 Crooligans, 2 Night Terrors, A Flesh Construct, a Rogue Necromancy and Simulcrum 29...Yeah not been in the game that long but sometimes you have 1 too many to drink and then go on an online shopping spree *beer.goggles*

Also got a few mercs and could possibly proxy up more drowned or a Sue

Thanks for the help so far folks

Well ended up playing someone else with an Ophelia crew instead so the Somer crew's still to come but that does mean it'll either be a 30 or 35 SS game with shared reconoitre or deliver a message.

Does that change anything in peoples minds or are Drowned and Crooked Men still the way to go?

Well Som'er can either do hilarious gremlin gun line or crazy pig mayhem, but ophelia does "actually kind of scary gremlin gun line" really well...

Really Drowned and crooked still work really well because Drowned can turn out a huge number of hits on low end models (which is all gremlins) and Crooked men are really tanky vs. ranged stuff, which is still a great option. Maybe less shafted markers, but the rest of it still holds.

If facing gremlins with Shared Deliver a Message be very cautious of the Pigapult. It is a fairly easy thing for them to achieve very early. My recommendation would be to baseblock your master and again the Crooked Men with judicious spaming of Shafted will help a lot.

If instead your playing Shared Reconnoiter, be very aware that gremlins (especially in a Som'er crew) can make a last turn run to anywhere on the board if they have the "staple" models still around. To really make everything work for this the Som'er player will need at least a Skeeter, a few Pigs and some Bayou Gremlins. Engage and eliminate his crew in that order to prevent the Pig Ladders.

Som'er can do a lot more than just Gunline and Pigs, you will have a lot to deal with so I would recommend a good read of the Som'er entry on the Pullmyfinger Wikitactica.

Edited by Omenbringer