Start of my Dark Debts crew

nix

Here are the first three models for my Dark Debts crew. The picture is a cell phone picture, so not great. Twitter folk will have already seen these.

First we have the model my daughter is referring to as Slutty Tinker Bell.

post-4095-13911924859223_thumb.jpg

Then is the one she is calling some other Disney princess... again slutty.

post-4095-1391192485967_thumb.jpg

And then the final model is my Huggy. I have to say I am really not happy with the model overall, I just do not like the look. I will be proxying something else for him down the road.

post-4095-13911924860087_thumb.jpg

Everything looks great.

But I have to personally disagree, I think the hungering darkness is one of the best models from the dark debts box. I am going to paint mine like a shadow coming from a vortex.

What don't you like about it, I have to ask?

Also everyone is entitled to their opinions and I am not trying to be an ass, so please don't take it that way. :)

What don't you like about it, I have to ask?

There are a couple things. I have no argument that the look of the model matched the description in the book. I just do not get any sense of menace from the model at all. It really looks (to me) like a tadpole that needs a hug.

post-4095-13911924860554_thumb.jpg

Overall, that was reinforced when I needed to greenstuff a fair amount of the model to try and hide the seam down the middle. Overall, I think its just personal preference. I just want a model that looks more "Ancient Evil" and less "Gimme a hug before I grow legs and hop away".

Now, that did not stop me from trying for some darker colors and light blues to reflect the "Brilliance Sucking" nature.

*grin*

Really nice job on the stockings, paicularlythe second one. Nice and sheer! I also like the brilliance effect with eyes.

I've yet to see the Darkness with the join-line appropriately dealt with. I'll likely go to town with resculpting mine, adding more spikes, appendages, mouths, eyes, and the like. A shame... It seems like a great concept.

Your making me wish mine weren't still in the warehouse waiting for Misaki... How did the rest of Jakob's crew go together?

Assembly went very well. I painted up Jakob last night and started working on my 10T brothers. The biggest challenge I have is actually getting down to the painting. My paint table is a bit overloaded with 10T gencon releases and bases for my incoming Kirai crew.

post-4095-13911924868666_thumb.jpg

That was a snapshot before I started on the bases, Huggy, Beckoners, and others. Its now a bit further scattered as I pick out models to paint up.