Bury clarification.

Pinocchio

Question

So from what i understand: (using Dreamer + 2 DD as an example)

Dreamer activates companion, DD1 buries Dreamer, (now at that point when the dreamer is buried his activation ends thus even if he didn't spend 2AP they count as being spent?) DD2 brings the dreamer back and now the dreamer can't do anything because he was buried before he could use his 2AP.

Is this correct?

Just give me a shout if i got anything wrong or missed anything.

got the crew, thinking of starting to play with him, but i need to flatten my understanding of his mechanics before i make a huge mess of it all in a game.

6 answers to this question

This is one of the areas when companion rules get a bit confusing.

Although everything in the companion chain counts as activating simultaneously, if the daydream goes first and buries the Dreamer, the Dreamer doesn't count as having activated yet so if unburied during the companion chain he can still activate.

The original poster is correct.

If you Announce the Dreamer in a companion chain, and bury him before you pick him, then he is counted as activating.

From the rules page

Models that were activated through a simultaneous activation (Companion, for example) but have not yet spent their AP are considered to have started their activations, and therefore their activations end immediately when buried.

[\quote]

I believe he counts as having passed twice for the purpose of the number of AP chompy gets to spend.

If you Announce the Dreamer in a companion chain, and bury him before you pick him, then he is counted as activating.

From the rules page

Models that were activated through a simultaneous activation (Companion, for example) but have not yet spent their AP are considered to have started their activations, and therefore their activations end immediately when buried.

I believe he counts as having passed twice for the purpose of the number of AP chompy gets to spend.

Ah, I guess I haven't used Dreamer much since the errata came out.

From the rules page

Except the Dreamer/LCB cards state that pass actions do not count towards the 3 ap they share...so if you popped LCB out later he could still use his share of 2 ap. I haven't played him much since the errata either...no biggy (like rage quit because they changed the rules)...just have to many crews now :)

Feel the need to get back into it now and re-learn his style.