Compiled Resurrectionis Storm of Shadows info

DeleteAccount

Yan Lo

Full posting of Stats online is NOT allowed

From what I know, he has average stats with def 5 and casting expert being the only thing known for certain. His Soulstone cache is 5.

Soul Porter

Toshiro the Daimyo

Ashigaru

Chiaki

She's a 5 SS support model with a variety of very useful heal & debuff type abilities. Has harmless. She can pick up relics and pass them to the boss if she doesn't want them. She can pick up Chi for Yan Lo if he is out of range.

When Chiaki dies, she transfers the following ability to who carries her relic: Pull of the grave (the pulse slow)

Yin

She has Terror score of 12, and is wicked.

Stat Wise she is a decent speed

When Yin dies, she transfers the following abilities to who carries her relic: Anathema, wicked and terrifying->12.

Izamu

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff29/Wyrd-Miniatures/Bk4-Izamu.jpg

---------- Post added at 03:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 AM ----------

Thanks ot having images of Toshiro, the Soul Porter, Izamu and the Ashigaru, we know the stats of everything except Yan Lo, Chiaki and Yin.

Though we have pretty good info on them, we are still missing some details, mostly stat wise or for example Yin's weapon. So if anybody wants to either correct info or add, I'll edit the first post to keep it fresh.

Enjoy!

Edited by goblyn13

i believe he can but he once he starts a level i believe he is forced to finish that level (not tree) he can jump to another tree of advancement have to double check.

I believe he can place them wherever he wants, whenever he wants, with the restriction that he can't for example go to Lvl 4 without having finished lvl3 first.

But he can be halfway through lvl 3 in Ash, but put Chi into Bone, etc.

Well, lets see if we can get the few nuggets we are still missing.

What is Yin's weapon?

What Wk/Ch, Ca and Wp is our friend Yan Lo packing?

Is Yin's def 7 or 6?

Is Chiaki's wd 8 until she is revived as a spirit?

What ability corresponds to each level of each of Yan Lo's paths?

And well, anybody who wants to cover any other bases I may be forgetting to ask or to correct something that is outright incorrect is more than welcome to add their nugget.

• 2 weeks later...

On it!

:crowsYan Lo:crows is our graverobbing master. He gains Chi points whenever a controlled, non-Ancestor within eight inches dies. At the start of a match, he can also discard up to three soulstones to gain that many chi points! Chi points cannot be saved and must immediately be put into one of his three Paths. I'll go over those later.

He has a decent stat line and two attacks, a khakkhara (apparently his staff) and a Spirit Barrage which, in addition to being magical and generating blasts on Severe, does +1 damage for every Relic he carries! He also has Gunfighter for it, making it his most attractive attack unless you walk down the Path of Bone.

He's got Casting Expert and a decent Ca, three support spells and one damage spell. The first support spell lets him sacrifice nearby corpse counters and snap a Relic off him to resurrect the Ancestor who's Relic he was carrying. Pretty good, and the Ancestor comes back with Wd equal to two times the corpse counters discarded. His other three spells are a minor healing spell for Ancestors, and a wide pulse that gives all friendly undead the Spirit characteristic. His last one which deals damage does more damage if there are Ancestors crowding the target, and it has a trigger that gains him a Chi point if the target dies.

I think that's as simple as I can put it right now, so lets look at his paths. The first, the Path of Spirit, gives him slightly faster movement at level 1, Flight at level 2 and Spirit at level 3, culminating into a scary-strong spell called Fury of the Yomi at level 4. Fury of the Yomi is a mass-Obey for friendly spirits (including himself), but here's something to keep in mind: unless you use Transcend the Physical, which turns all nearby undead into Spirits, NONE of the Ancestors are Spirits! This severely limits Fury of the Yomi's use in an ancestor-heavy crew unless you spent Lo's AP trying to cast Transcend the Physical first.

The Path of Ash is a handy one, giving Regeneration 1 at level 1, Df 2 at level 2, Nicodem's Rigor Mortis spell at level 3, and a strange sort of debuff called Terracotta Curse at level 4, which damages enemies who take movement actions during their activation.

The Path of Bone is my favorite, turning Lo into a melee monster. At level 1 it bumps up the damage his khakki staff does and gives it Brutal. At level 2 he gains (1) Fragile Bonds, letting him scamper up to an already-damaged enemy and bonk them. At level 3 he gains (+2) Melee Master, and at level 4 he gains one of the scariest triggers I've ever seen: Hunpo Assault, which lets him make a khakki staff strike AND a Spirit Barrage strike against every enemy within two inches. He can only do this once per activation, sure, but once is all he NEEDS.

:crowsChikai the Niece:crows is Lo's dear niece and a pretty handy support model. As mentioned, she can scoop up Chi for her uncle should he be out of range, and can pass him any Relics she's carrying around when she doesn't need them anymore. Any friendly within 2 inches of her heals some scratches when they start their activation near her, which is pretty nice.

She has no real good way of dealing damage on her own (her knife is pitiful) but has plenty of ways of irritating your enemy, especially if they're playing a largely non-living crew. Her Pull of the Grave can slow crowds of unliving folk, while Purity can shove them a good distance away. Since these effects can pester your own crew, she has an ability called Mortal Touch that makes any friendly in B2B with her a living model. Other than that, she's sort of boring. Good support, effective, but no real fancy-pants tricks that I can see just yet.

:crowsYin the Penny-glan:crows is probably my favorite new Ressurectionist model. She has Anathema, the first non-avatar to have it, and Wicked to make sure anyone who runs screaming from her is going to have a hard time. Oddly, she has Harmless, despite her all-consuming murderous rage... And float!

Her Entrails are her main weapon, which have a two inch range, decent Cb and okay damage, as well as giving -1 WP to all enemies engaged with her and the ability to give Poison 2 should she flip a :crows on the attack. If someone tries getting away from her, she has another trigger that gives her Wicked damage flips :+fate.

She has three spells, one that gives a cumulative -1 WP to every model who fails a WP duel (that is, each time they fail, they get another -1), Constrict, which Slows and damages Ht 2 or smaller enemies and gives her an automatic :rams to her attack flip to make sure they can't get away easily, and her money maker: Inevitable Terror, which gives any model with Terrifying the Anathema ability. Glorious~

Penny is also pretty hard to take down. Melee attack flips against her get :-fate, she has high Df and decent Wds, and a trigger that lets her drift away if the enemy misses with their attack. And one should never underestimate the shield that Anathema creates.

Now as a bonus, I'll tell you what trinkets Yan Lo gets from each of his family.

CHIKAI's Relic grants him her Pull from the Grave ability, a mass-Slow to the living impaired.

IZAMU's Relic gives him Spiritual Fortitude (if you cheat fate on a defense flip, the enemy can't activate triggers requiring the suit you cheated fate with) and the Eternal Warrior trigger (if you cheated fate on a defense flip for him, you draw a card).

TOSHIRO's Relic grants him the Daimyo ability (a small aura that gives :+fate to friendly attack flips) and the "Teki no Juden!" action, which lets him designate a nearby enemy and have all close friendlies push towards that enemy,

YIN's Relic is my personal favorite, granting Yan Lo Terrifying->13, Anathema and Wicked! It's too bad Penny has to die to do this, though, but a fully Path of Bone'd Lo with this relic is as terrifying as any melee avatar.

Now for a question to all of you! Yin/Penny has a 40mm base and is a Horror. Can she be summoned by Molly's ability? I don't have her stat card on me atm :(

Edited by Zerous

Good support, effective but no fancy-pants tricks that I can see yet

Chiaki it's a bit of a dark horse, she has some really dirty tricks. One nice one is to pile your undead in front of her and then use her pulse to push them all forward, it can help giving Nicodem's crew a bit of needed speed (though it won't work on Nicodem). The other great thing it's her pulse that removes effects and tokens, the thing a lot of people haven't noticed is the slow from being Summoned is an effect. Rogue Necromacy's are much more scary as they have a huge threat range, and Punk Zombies that can flurry a model they are Summoned into combat with are quiet nice.

Now for a question to all of you! Yin/Penny has a 40mm base and is a Horror. Can she be summoned by Molly's ability? I don't have her stat card on me atm :(

Nope she can't, though she it's a good choice for a Molly crew, as she is much tougher than most of Molly's and drops enough counters to bring in a summon if she does door.

The other great thing it's her pulse that removes effects and tokens, the thing a lot of people haven't noticed is the slow from being Summoned is an effect. Rogue Necromacy's are much more scary as they have a huge threat range, and Punk Zombies that can flurry a model they are Summoned into combat with are quiet nice.

/jaw drop.

Avatar Nicodem has a new favourite pet. :Paralyzed_Puppet:

Yin is the piece I'm having the hardest time wrapping my head around, she seems like such a shenanigans piece. Chiaki just seems better and better each time I get more info on her and Yan Lo is awesome, period. His death to all trigger sounds outright amazing, though makes me wonder if his happy stick also reaches 2"