Distance puppet wars

sssk

Hi Folks,

The thought just struck me, has anyone tried "distance puppet wars"? This stems from me describing puppet wars as "kind of like chess, mixed with warhammer, mixed with magic the gathering", and then thinking "well you can play chess at a distance (I believe it's called "correspondence chess")...".

I imagine it working by each player having a board and set of puppets where they are, and then having an email/messenger type conversation with moves etc (possibly with photos... though that seems like a lot of effort). Obviously it would require people being somewhat trusting (as you couldn't see the actual cards you're each playing etc), but that's all fine.

Anyway, has anyone tried it?

It'd be easier with one person having the board and miniatures, and each player having their own deck (so not to reveal their hand). By doing it on skype video calling you could see what was going on and show each other your flipped/played cards. It also means that only one person actually needs the set, making it suitable for distance demos.

Wow! After reading the other thread on a Puppet Wars League, I was thinking it would be cool to start a play-by-forum, and then found this thread!

So ya, anyone want to play-by-forum? I could also do whole sessions, but with my schedule it would be easier to PBF. All it requires is two honest people. I'm one of them!

I have the entire metal set commercially available, plus two teddies. And now twenty plastic ones from a draft at Gen Con. So I have Pokey Vic and Hooded Rider in addition to more pawns.

Edited by Doctor Lucky