WTB: Santana Ortega

MDL1113

Ya i understand how you feel. You need to spread the word host local games and keep it going for a few months. paint your models and send a application after 6 months.. you will be reviewed and maybe accepted. If you are denied then just keep going and apply every few months then when they do pick a henchman in your area you might be at the top of the list.. .

The only thing that annoys me is that it's impossible for me to even get a shot at it. The only LGS with places to play doesn't support malifaux at all, so we're not even encouraged/welcome to play there (which is a logical business decision of them).

Can't they order in figures, even if they don't have them on the shelf? Smart business would be to let you use a little unused gaming space to get gamers interested in ANY new game. If they can use your stuff a few times until ordered stuff shows up, then you can get some gamers, and the owner gets some sales. Because they aren't bringing stuff in ahead of time, it's a no-risk proposition for the business owner. Once I get my extra crews, I'm going to be doing the same thing in Saskatoon and I'll attempt to become a henchman.

The only thing that annoys me is that it's impossible for me to even get a shot at it. The only LGS with places to play doesn't support malifaux at all, so we're not even encouraged/welcome to play there (which is a logical business decision of them).

I have 5 crews built very well, but unpainted, so i can't apply to be a henchman. And even then...who would i play with in Quebec? The closest henchman with a play group is over 230km away. Thankfully i have my bride-to-be who loves the game.

It's fair for people who work hard to get rewards, but i do feel a bit miffed at not even having the opportunity to work hard for it :P

My response is two part. One, it was specifically a thank you for Henchman at this point. Two, there's a chance that it will be a little more open in the future, still in extremely limited quantities. There's talk of it being used for some sort of awesome prize support, so don't get too discouraged.

There's always the secondary market, which is usually how I end up with special edition models.

I understand, believe me, but with realism in perspective, it's not very feasible for someone here to win one of those prizes unless you pack a major road trip just for that.

The LGS has enough to do with GW's marketing ploys when it comes to miniatures: it needs to roll out the massive inventory they're being forced to carry just to get their products in store. And the big wave here has been taken by ccg games (Magic the Gathering) as far as i could see. The big irony of this is that they do carry Terraclips...

Edited by Sybaris

So a little birdie to me a little info about her.. So the word on the street is that She will be released to the general public later in the year. Also henchman can order her. The birdie told me that one person they know had ordered 7 and was waiting for them to be delivered.

I think your bird is lying

Only ways to get a Santana were

1) Work a $$$$$$$$ ton at Gencon

2) Run an ton of events during Dead heat

There is no way to order them. As far as public availability there are rumors that Santana will be a model you can earn when the Passport to Malifaux goes live, but nothing confirmed. Even then you only get stickers for playing and winning events so its not as easy as just ordering her.

A cursory glance at eBay shows them going for $150-225'ish. I'm honestly surprised, with the limited nature (I'm seeing 5 completed auctions, only 4 of which were bought, I believe?) I figured my revised estimate of "$Texas" would've been closer to reality.

Not that $200 is low to spend on a single figure, mind you. Glad to see the price is remaining reasonable in terms of getting them into the hands of people who want them. Just compared to the hushed tones used around some of the other LE figures, I'd thought it'd be higher.

Not surprised to see Miss Terious sitting where she is in the $35-50 range. Still baffled how few US sellers are willing to ship to Canada though. Granted, it's not a small box, but it might be pretty light, and I had like a pound of pewter mailed to me for $6 (all of my outstanding Guild figures are finally in!).

Perhaps the fact that it is cast in the new plastic has scared some potential buyers, too.

I see it as a very nice showpiece for a collection, and perhaps as a way to capture new players attention to the game, as it's always entertaining to see a "rare and sought after" item. Santana also brings a better pose than the regular Santiago, who'se proportions seems a bit off to my eyes.

Edited by Sybaris

I doubt it'll go lower than 150 for a long time, given nightmare Lord Chompy Bits would probably sell at that price atm (or would it?).

The price will perhaps drop once it is handed out as tournament reward or whatever passport to malifaux is. Until then it's a seller's market.

That said i wish we knew how many were produced in the initial run, this could help alot to assess the rarity.