Rasputina Development Advice

SilverBullet

Hey,

I’m looking for some advice about my Raspy crew at 30ss. I know many see her as not very competitive, but I am a believer that any master can be competitive in the right hands. I have been having quite a lot of success with the following crew:

Rasputina

Essence of Power

Ice Golem

Ice Gamin

Silent One

Gunsmith

7ss Pool

with wins against the Dreamer, Colette, Kirai, Collodi, Somer and Seamus. However, I do not believe that this crew is particularly optimal and relies a little too much on Raspy. Infact, in all games, the Ice Golem has yet to see any kind of action.

I have written some different 30ss crew builds, one defensive for suitable strategies/schemes and two more offensive for when that is called for and would appreciate your opinion.

The more defensive crew I have written is the following:

Rasputina

Convict Gunslinger

Gunsmith

Ice Gamin

Silent One

Slate Ridge Mauler

5ss Pool

The idea is that the Gunslinger and Gunsmith are there for area denial, the Slate Ridge Mauler is Raspy’s protection, gaining +2 armour and frozen heart from Decembers touch to increase survivability, and the ice gamin and silent one are there to increase Raspy’s spell range (and also, with the silent one, to increase the range of the gunslinger by 3 inches via two spells).

For the more offensive spells I have:

Rasputina

Essence of Power

Kaeris

Ice Gamin

Ice Gamin

Snow Storm

5ss Pool

It is relatively quick with the inclusion of Snow Storm, has a lot of area denial spells with a set of ice pillars and flame pillars and has a lot of damage output. However, having Kaeris and Snow Storm is expensive and limits the rest of my crew.

Alternatively:

Rasputina

Essence of Power

Ice Gamin

Silent One

Convict Gunslinger

Snow Storm

5ss Pool

This could make an extremely nasty bubble moving up the board with Snow Storm, dropping models on objectives along the way. Snow Storm's cover together with white out and +2 armour from Decembers touch on two models should make this quite durable also.

Sorry, I know the post is quite long, but I would appreciate peoples thoughts and opinions.

Thanks!

Thanks, I liked that build too. I really wanted to use the mauler, and I think Raspy will help with his biggest weakness - survivability.

I was also worried about the lack of mirrors, but am struggling to decide what to drop to include one? I could drop, for example, the gunsmith in exchange for another silent one or a gamin plus 2ss or a totem, but would lose the gunsmiths area denial potential. Any thoughts? At 35ss this would obviously be a moot point but.

Thanks for the input from you guys. I'm also a Raspy player and find it interesting to see how other players use her. The ice golem I use only in the most casual/fluffy of games, it just seems to not do much at all, usually gets killed early on. I seem to have more luck with Rasputina with the less ice-themed minions I take. I'm looking forward to seeing what list ideas you guys come up with

Yeah I believe it can. Only problem is it that the golem is a 9 ss minion and I have never felt that it lives up to that. In fact keeping my golem alive has never been a problem.... getting it somewhere where it can potentially die is. True I could take the Snow Storm/Ice Golem combo but then thats 20ss on two models.

The Ice Golem tends to work as a big fat distraction- some players see the big guy and think "priority target." He's annoying to kill off and might be worth a look for strats like Claim Jump; Statue and Armor 2 reduce many damage flips to 1.

Armor will indeed stack- if I remember right it's the only same-named ability that does. Just be wary if your opponent announces Outcasts- Taelor, Johan, and Ronin will make short work of an Ice Golem.

I love the sculpt and he's actually a good model, both thematically and in-game...just not for 9 ss (I agree with the sentiment that he should be 7 ss).

Edited by Dustcrusher

I agree, it's highly priced...but if keeping it alive is not a problem, then that's exactly where the Bodyguard scheme comes in. Just announce it and your opponent will be left with a rather annoying choice: attack the golem or leave you 2 free VPs.

my 2 ss :)

The bodyguard scheme is for masters or henchmen only. So you can't target the Golem with it.

I enjoy using him with Snowstorm, but for 20pts, thats a huge investment, and one I can't justify under 40 soulstone. Mind you, I normally need at least 35ss to bring along Snowstorm.