Sonnia Criid tokens, counters, markers

WarlockFiretop

I'm looking to branch out into Sonnia, and I like making bits.

I know I'll need a Flame Wall, i.e. two 50mm markers to be placed adjacent to each other. I'll need mine to be pretty flat, so I can harpoon fools onto them.

What else am I going to need? How big do Blast Tokens and Burning Markers have to be? And how many will I need?

Anyone got any tips for making fire effects? I'm thinking of using water-effect goo, and teasing it into flame shapes.

I made custom counters for a lot of the book 1 stuff, when I get home I'll get a link posted. I think they may also be linked in the Malifaux resources thread that is stickied.

Edit: in the Malifaux Downloads stickied thread, go to that link in the first post. I created specific counters and templates for most of the book 1 stuff, including Flame Wall/Burst templates. It's called Templates and Tokens on Sven's page, if I recall.

Edited by Wulfen

Personally I made my own flame wall markers by buying some cheap red, yellow and orange plastic bits on Ebay and some 50mm bases, which I then glued said plastic bits onto. I'm fairly happy with how they turned out (though in hindsight I wish I'd done the gluing a bit differently).

They can be as tall as you like so you can make them look fancy and impressive, also makes it more clear what they are so people don't accidentally walk onto them. But you may want to push/pull models somehow onto them so flat is potentially better for you in terms of gaming, just less impressive and fun to look at :)

Tokens and Counters are different things. Corpse, scrap, eye, and body part are all Counters (can be placed on the board, can stack infinitely high) and are all 30 mil. Tokens: only one that is coming to mind is Burning. These are not placed on the table and don't need any distinct shape. I know players who use dice, have laminated their cards to use dry erase markers (me!), or just random scraps of paper. 30 mil markers work out pretty well for the tokens because you can see them, keep track of them, and they look unified with the counters.

Ratty has a sheet of counters that I use but also make for a good reference.

http://malifaux.nezumi.me.uk/Downloads/Malifaux_Counters_Ratty.pdf

(Sorry to nerd out on the counters/tokens thing. I'm not as serious as all that.)

Tokens and Counters are different things. Corpse, scrap, eye, and body part are all Counters (can be placed on the board, can stack infinitely high) and are all 30 mil. Tokens: only one that is coming to mind is Burning. These are not placed on the table and don't need any distinct shape.

(...)

(Sorry to nerd out on the counters/tokens thing. I'm not as serious as all that.)

This is just what I needed! Nerdy is good. I kept seeing references to 'Burning Tokens', and was picturing a kind of template.

All I need to make are two 50mm Flame Wall tokens. Now... are these ALWAYS deployed adjacent to each other, i.e. I can actually sculpt a wall of flame that covers two bases?

Most people I've seen have (3-4) 50 mm if they're using her avatar and just 2 if they are just using her normal form.

Nit picking here but Asonnia can use pyre command to place one of the two 50mm bases 2 inches away. Although that being said there are more than enough counters/markers
in Ratty's pdf that you can print out and laminate.

I'll nitpick right back, Pyre isn't Flame Wall. ;)