Collodi as Zoraida's Henchman?

Getifa Ubazza

I bought the Zoraida boxed set and while I love the models, I am now being drawn to another box. That of Collodi.

I noticed in the Crew builder, that Collodi can be Zoraida's Henchman and that she can have all his boxed set in her Crew. I also like Teddy and want him in my crew.

The questions are.

Is it a good idea to have Collodi as Zoraida's Henchman?

I know the Wicked Dolls are a good add, But what about the Marrionettes and Teddy?

Any advice in mixing these two boxed sets and Teddy would be great in a 35pt Crew.

Thanks

collodi is a great addition to a zoraida crew - it makes the crew very mobile and good at getting to objectives. Collodi has to be used with at least 1 marionette and, frankly should take all 4 as often as possible.

the wicked dolls are OK, but better are stitched togethers and the effigy dolls - all are dolls as well! I'd look at getting these before going to wicked dolls. As for teddy - he's a great looking model (I have 3, one of them the nightmare version), but overall he's not overly effective - he's not that fast and has little protection. Even with Hard to wound 2 and regeneration he dies pretty quickly quite often.

Collodi works great with Zorida. You definitely need as many marionettes as you can get, ideally 4. The marionettes give Collodi unmatched movement potential. Collodi has many good buffs for those dolls. You may not need as many wicked dolls to start because Z can make more.

I'm not so sure about the teddy. If you like the model you can use it. The problem is that teddy is immune to influence so Z can't obey the teddy to move around the board. That makes the teddy kind of slow for a high soul stone model.

You can just pick up Collodi's box set and try them out.

I find that playing collodi as a henchman is very good if you have to use zoraida, but have interact objectives on your opponants side of the board. However, collodi works extremely well on his own, so he can be hired for free and gets his henchman 7 bonus. Then take three stiched, four marionettes and fill the rest up with wicked dolls or effigies. (definately get the arcane effigy, for a second breathe life) Collodi only wants 1or 2 SS spare, to get breathe life if you can't cheat it. Then you can go to town with tons of fast dolls. (my favourate is fast + melee expert on marionettes, use flurry, and make 5 paired attacks each.)

If you want to take Collodi with a master, Zoraida really is the one to do it with. However if you look at it as adding Z to a Collodi crew (yes I know zoraida is actually in charge, but work with me) it ends up costing you 15 soulstones to bring her along.

I find that playing collodi as a henchman is very good if you have to use zoraida, but have interact objectives on your opponants side of the board. However, collodi works extremely well on his own, so he can be hired for free and gets his henchman 7 bonus. Then take three stiched, four marionettes and fill the rest up with wicked dolls or effigies. (definately get the arcane effigy, for a second breathe life) Collodi only wants 1or 2 SS spare, to get breathe life if you can't cheat it. Then you can go to town with tons of fast dolls. (my favourate is fast + melee expert on marionettes, use flurry, and make 5 paired attacks each.)

If you want to take Collodi with a master, Zoraida really is the one to do it with. However if you look at it as adding Z to a Collodi crew (yes I know zoraida is actually in charge, but work with me) it ends up costing you 15 soulstones to bring her along.

Are you both saying I should leave Zoraida at home and just take Collodi on his own?

Depends on what your doing mate.

I'm in a fixed master league atm, with Zoraida as my master, so I hire Collodi and his 4 marionettes whenever I get a strategy that requires him (such as destroy the evidence or Plant evidence)

But if I was just having a friendly game, and I wanted to use Collodi, I'd run him on his own, because Zoraida doesnt offer Collodi much, except the ability to teleport wicked dolls from collodi to zoraida to bad juju.

Collodi wants as many dolls as he can have, to buff them all up, and its much easier to have that with his henchman bonus and himself being hired free.

If you arnt interested in a doll army however, then Collodi + 4 marionettes with Zoraida is an awesome 16pt objective grabbing unit, then hire other stuff for the beats and obeys.

Depends on what your doing mate.

I'm in a fixed master league atm, with Zoraida as my master, so I hire Collodi and his 4 marionettes whenever I get a strategy that requires him (such as destroy the evidence or Plant evidence)

But if I was just having a friendly game, and I wanted to use Collodi, I'd run him on his own, because Zoraida doesnt offer Collodi much, except the ability to teleport wicked dolls from collodi to zoraida to bad juju.

Collodi wants as many dolls as he can have, to buff them all up, and its much easier to have that with his henchman bonus and himself being hired free.

If you arnt interested in a doll army however, then Collodi + 4 marionettes with Zoraida is an awesome 16pt objective grabbing unit, then hire other stuff for the beats and obeys.

Ok, I got you now. I'm just learning the game really, so leagues are a bit further in the future right now. I just want a good overall crew that will help me learn as much as possible, while playing to a cool theme. Collodi + 4 marrionettes would be good, But I really like the wicked dolls too. The whole Collodi box looks awesome and will use it as a stand alone, But would also like to use it with Zoraida too. I also spotted Rami LaCroix and would like to include him in my crew sometimes.

You could take Collodi & marionettes, Zoraida and the Widow Weaver, as she can summon both wicked dolls and Teddy. I have no idea how well such a force would function in play, but you could have Zoraida and the Widow Weaver making dolls and Collodi buffing (WW buffs them too) and summon Teddy at some point. If you have points left over, you could hire the stitched together. If you like the models, it is worth playing around with IMO, and Collodi as a master on his own is well regarded so you can also field just his crew as well.

If you want Collodi as a henchman I would rather use Pandora as a master and not Zoraida. Yes I know Zoraida is our puppet master, but really what does she offer? Well the obey is always useful for getting models in range or having them running away. Especially when you have stitched on the table which loose potentially 4 or 7 damage for each walk action they have to make. Bewitch is nice for letting your puppets win more Duels, but compare that to Pandys Trigger that makes targets, even those nasty masters, run away and their debuff to Wp for the stitched or to defense for the other dolls. And emotional trauma is king for Stitched too as it in a way buffs their damage output with their 0 Talent 'Gamble' as well as with their 1 Talent 'Gamble your life' as well as with their 1 Spell 'deepest fear'. And another nice thing is that your dolls don't need you cheating so you can reserve all your high control cards for pandy making your opponent cry trying to take her down.

OK I know Zoraida can summon Wicked Dolls. I would agree on that being nice if she would have fast or nimble and could make at least a 10" raven move after she did so. But having her sit in your deployment zone doing nothing than summon wickeds is not worth it. Summoning that voodo doll is another thing because it enables Zoraida to do nice stuff in the following rounds while that Wicked Doll doesn't give anything to Zoraida.

But that said I would include Collodi only in bigger games (35+ Points) as a henchman. I always have the feeling that he gets better the more dolls are there and before that its just not enough to buff for him. The master makes you miss so many dolls.

Edited by Tiaden