Snow Storm

durek

Was looking at his card the other day and it dawned on me that while he has Graverobber he doesnt seem to have any use for it.

I know he has Eat your Fill but I dont see any mechanism for utilising those corpse counter when he picks them up.

Can anyone enlighten me? I must have missed something.

Also a good use for it is so he can ferry corpse counters to Decembers acolyte allowing it to heal if needed while still being able to harpoon something.

Unfortunately, this doesn't work. Models cannot drop or transfer counters they have unless something says they can (Snowstorm doesn't have any such ability), nor can they use counters carried by a different model unless specifically allowed (the Acolyte cannot).

Rules Manual section on Counters, last paragraph.

I concur that it's mainly a forward-looking characteristic they added to help Rasputina's avatar. Without any Graverobbers in the crew, corpses don't drop. With him in the crew, anyone you kill before she manifests will still be lying around waiting for her to, uhm... yeah, let's not go into what they're waiting for her do. Suffice to say, they'll be there, whereas a crew without any Graverobbers wouldn't have anything, uhm, waiting.

Unfortunately, this doesn't work. Models cannot drop or transfer counters they have unless something says they can (Snowstorm doesn't have any such ability), nor can they use counters carried by a different model unless specifically allowed (the Acolyte cannot).

Rules Manual section on Counters, last paragraph.

I concur that it's mainly a forward-looking characteristic they added to help Rasputina's avatar. Without any Graverobbers in the crew, corpses don't drop. With him in the crew, anyone you kill before she manifests will still be lying around waiting for her to, uhm... yeah, let's not go into what they're waiting for her do. Suffice to say, they'll be there, whereas a crew without any Graverobbers wouldn't have anything, uhm, waiting.

lol ya, seems to be a foward or deny mechanic. I knew about the lack of transfer thats why I couldn't fathom the immediate use :)

Thx

Eat your fill does not use corpse counters.

My bad... for some reason I was confusing Eat your fill with Consume the Dead from the Acolyte.

I can see a use for having the graverobber on Snow Storm if you plan on avatar-ring 'Tina. It would help rack up the corpse counters on the board before you avatar her and start spewing out gamin.

Edited by krystophus

Many summonings that require a counter (be it corpse, blood, scrap) can use counters carried by other friendly models within a certain range. I would suspect that this is the case with snow storm for either current synergies or future model synergies. Wyrd is a generally forward thinking community so while there may not be a use for it at the moment, its possible that it was put in with a future model in mind.

Many summonings that require a counter (be it corpse, blood, scrap) can use counters carried by other friendly models within a certain range.

I can't think of any.....

---------- Post added at 05:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 PM ----------

Many summonings that require a counter (be it corpse, blood, scrap) can use counters carried by other friendly models within a certain range.

I can't think of any.....

aRasputina

(0) Frigid Offspring - Discard one Corpse Counter within 6". Summon one Ice Gamin

Not entirely sure what this is aimed at, the conversation has gotten kinda fuzzy :) But this doesn't say it can use counters carried by other models, so the counter must be either carried by Rasputina, or just on the table within 6".

Off the top of my head Blood Counters are the only ones that you can take off other friendly models to use. Anything else need to either be on the model or on the table as per the spell or ability. The grow and similar blood counter abilities are the only ones off the top of my head that can target counters on other friendly models/

Not entirely sure what this is aimed at, the conversation has gotten kinda fuzzy :) But this doesn't say it can use counters carried by other models, so the counter must be either carried by Rasputina, or just on the table within 6".

I was attempting to be more concise that I usually am. I assumed that the ability would point out a purpose for Snow Storm having Graverobber.

Since corpse counters are only generated when a Graverobber is in play, the point was that Snow Storm can cause models to leave corpse counters behind prior to Raspy becoming Avatar of Famine, without having to take additional models (e.g. December Acolyte.) I wasn't suggesting that Snow pick them up... just that by having Graverobber the counters start accumulating. This would then leave a series of corpse counters around that aRasputina could start using immediately.

And while this was not the point I was attempting to make, it is also a possible use: if your opponent is playing a crew that needs corpse counters, Snow can collect them denying their use to your opponent. Since models cannot drop counters, if you employ this tactic you deny their use to aRasputina as well, unless you are willing to lose Snow.

Hope that is a little more clear.

As krystophus said, corpse counters only drop when there is at least one graverobber on the table.

For page reference, please check page 9.

As krystophus said, corpse counters only drop when there is at least one graverobber on the table.

For page reference, please check page 9.

Yeah, I know - said so last page :P

Conversation's gotten a bit unspecific, and the fact that you counters are "sticky" once a model picks them up throws a lot of people off. Was just offering that up :)

*Chuckles*, is is not that counters become sticky once a model picks them up as much as the model becomes greedy once they pick it up. All 'My Precious' style. Bash their head in and they drop those counters just fine as long as another graverobber or what ever is on the table.

I dunno, I like the "sticky" image myself. There's just one more corpse when the pile lands, is all :Decay_Puppet: