Nicodem Rising! Avatar pic

Mydnight

So I finally finished my Nicodem Avatar and I'm VERY happy with it.

1FlGl.jpg?1

NPulf.jpg?1

yBD9h.jpg?1

I have to give special thanks to Fetid Strumpet for pulling some emergency work when I was ready to hurl the thing across the room (I had some issues assembling the painted pieces), and thanks to his efforts my opponents will now know the true face of terror when Nicodem manifests.

There were a few twists and turns along the way, and I did what anyone would do in that situation: I started a blog

http://mydnightshobbycorner.blogspot.com

I plan to post more individual updates there detailing my processes and WIP's. I hope you enjoy! :-) shamelessplug/

Looks awesome!

Mine is simply assembled and primed... The thought of painting it scares me too much. though. And seeing yours just makes me think I'd think even WORSE of what I would do to mine. :)

You gotta paint it though! I always like looking at stuff that people paint, and I hope that anything I paint serves as inspiration and motivation, not a deterrent. I know you can do it!

Looks fantastic -- brilliant job! Hope mine comes out even close to that good... Will be holding onto these pics as a reference!

Please do! This model became a little daunting as I painted it in pieces, and when I broke it down I was painting 4.55 zombies, a chair, and Nicodem himself. Everything still went by pretty quickly, but the assembly was a bit rough. I highly recommend figuring out how you want to get things assembled before painting.

• 3 weeks later...
It really is a bad ass avatar.

I'm now reminded why I'm paying Mydnight for a commission. He's very capable. :)

That seems to be the consensus anyways :D Thanks everyone for your kind words! In spite of the aftermath I had a lot of fun getting aNico painted up.

@Infinitepi: I felt the same way when I first started to use him, but I have a little bit of extra foam to keep him steady and there hasn't been any issues yet. I'm currently more concerned about aRamos, and am probably going to do that nifty conversion I've seen floating around involving the Ramos alt and the Steamborg.

• 3 years later...