Malifaux Official UK GT - 3rd and 4th November

Neverata

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

James is scaring the new attendees there...

Basically it's a mini event in the evening on the Saturday, 20 minute rounds, 15ss crews. Hardcore mini strategies and you randomly move to another table dependant on whether you win or lose and we play about 3/4 rounds of that. The winner gets a crown and is named hardcore champion 2012! It gets all rather silly :) then there's the quiz.....and that gets a bit silly too ;)

Just testing the water here, but as a complete noob to both the scene and the game I'd love to attend this event. But on the subject of accommodation, I'm wondering if anyone would be willing to share a room or if there are already hotel spaces available. It'd save us a bob or two. I realize, as I'm sure no one will know me from Adam, this could be somewhat daunting. Just asking if anyone would consider it before I take the plunge and by tickets.

Cheers, Joe.

James is scaring the new attendees there...

Basically it's a mini event in the evening on the Saturday, 20 minute rounds, 15ss crews. Hardcore mini strategies and you randomly move to another table dependant on whether you win or lose and we play about 3/4 rounds of that. The winner gets a crown and is named hardcore champion 2012! It gets all rather silly :) then there's the quiz.....and that gets a bit silly too ;)

Cool

Cool

Some practice games against Tim might be in order one Tuesday. Will see what I can arrange. Does get pretty intense, and with the revised Bury rules could be back to 'normal'. (Last year Tim & Stern "outburied" each other in the final - twice!)

---------- Post added at 10:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

Just testing the water here, but as a complete noob to both the scene and the game I'd love to attend this event. But on the subject of accommodation, I'm wondering if anyone would be willing to share a room or if there are already hotel spaces available. It'd save us a bob or two. I realize, as I'm sure no one will know me from Adam, this could be somewhat daunting. Just asking if anyone would consider it before I take the plunge and by tickets.

Cheers, Joe.

Pine Lodge, where many of us stay, has cheap single rooms, which might help.

Not sure my wife will be keen on you sharing with us though!

My votes:

• Hardcore
  • Proper painting contest Fri / Sat night
  • Speed painting the other night
  • 4man 0ss Scraps - SO much fun :)

So how much does your master cost?

---------- Post added at 05:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 PM ----------

Anyone aiming for first? No?....

I am aiming for the following first at this event:-

- first old person to attend the GT

- first asian dude at the event

- first to go to the toilet

- first to dribble

---------- Post added at 05:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 PM ----------

What mini side events would you like to see at the GT this year?

Dwarf tossing is always fun!

---------- Post added at 05:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

Awww I suppose I best shop for another hardcore crown. Maybe there will be another Ginger Off

May have to buy a ginger syrup to be eligible for this. Or I could colour my bald head with orange crayon - will that count?