Malifaux Official UK GT - 3rd and 4th November

Neverata

Hey,

Really enjoyed all my games over the weekend; every one was against a fantastic opponent who was seemingly happy to help out a new player :)

Feel like I'm starting to click with the game.

The schedule was massively different to what I'm used to with WFB, and in my eager beaver noob state right now I think I'd just rather more games (or earlier finishes). But that's just me. Prize support seemed fantastic.

Was great to meet some new people as well as seeing some people I already know. Don't wanna start listing names as ill forget someone!!

The weirdest thing in my eyes is the lack of a full breakdown of tournament standings! Is this the norm for Malifaux?

Was pleased to get nominated for best painted. Just wish I could've had more models painted for a more impressive force. Technically I am immensely happy with them but understand they don't stand out much as some of the others that were there. Odd, as usually at WFB events I feel my army is the total opposite in this case (stands out with colour/conversion, but not technically as good). Ben, who I played round one, got my vote and was a worthy winner. Well done.

Congratulations to all the winners. If nothing else it shows me that with a bit of practice, average Warhammer Fantasy players can own this game!!! ;p j/k

Thanks to Jo for all her hard work & making me feel welcome. Oh, and for the cold chow mein!!

Hope to see you all again in the not to distant future,

Much love,

Chris xxx

Finally, if my geek book (full of notes on my Lizardmen games this year) or Rules Manuel (unmarked) showed up anywhere it'd be great to get them back.

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I used to print a full one for everyone but a lot of them got dumped all over maelstrom. I normally take a few days out stress free and unpack the gt from its many boxes

I'll work on doing it this week but the added stress of being a new mum also leaves me with zero free time. Bear with me, it'll be done ASAP

Just a quick one to say thanks to Jo for running the Event and you guys for being well behaved (well most of you... ;) ). Although I have to say there was far far too much man-flesh on display Saturday... thanks Mitch!!

I have pm'd the two who have left items at the venue (Jacket and FOW Templates). If anyone else has left anything please email me at:

timking@maunsfeld-gaming.com

Thanks again everyone!

Tim

Just to echo everyone else, had a great time at my first GT and hopefully not my last.

A big thanks to Jo, and also to james, Tim and everyone else who helped to make the GT the success it was.

Also big thanks to my opponents for enjoyable games and valuable lessons learned.

see you next year

mark

I'm sure it's been said more eloquently before but none the less mad props to Jo for arranging the whole thing and putting up with us all for a weekend. Thanks to James and Tim for their help with the event and of course thanks to all 7 of my opponents over the weekend for enduring my Neverborn filth.

Well except for one of you, nine god damn nil...

Joking aside had an awesome time at my first Malifaux tournament, will definitely be back next year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...