Spirits with dual identiy.

Dibz

Question

Hello all. I've got another question. So you got a model that is a spirit and something else. Like spirit and undead (the drowned, the hanged, Jack Daw) or spirit and beast (night terrors and shikoma). There are probly other examples but I play Res and don't care about other faction. Would these models drop corpse counters when they die.

Also can Nicodem reanimate the drowned and the hanged even it says non-spirit. (I know I'm being a little cheesy with the second question)

8 answers to this question

@ratty can I still target Kirai hiding behind the Drowned (Spirit and undead) since the errata just ruled that Spirits do not block LOS?

Just like Fetid Strumpet said

The fact that The Drowned is also an undead model doesn't change the fact that he is also a spirit, and therefore ineligible to be summoned.

Being undead doesn't stop it from being spirit so LOS is not blocked.

@ratty can I still target Kirai hiding behind the Drowned (Spirit and undead) since the errata just ruled that Spirits do not block LOS?

I am not Ratty(but I play one on TV)

Yes, because Undead and Spirit do not contradict each other here. Spirits can be seen through, but the undead trait does not have any stipulation.

To be clearer

Assume all basic models have a list of default abilities, like blocking LOS

Spirit explicitly takes one ability away(LOS blocking), Undead on the other had has no stipulation on that ability.

Thanks @Sarsnick and @nilus

Finally, I can break the Kirai offensive line my buddy keeps fielding against me. Lady J can now break through the 4-3 formation and sack Kirai for the lose of VP...

Good thing I convinced my buddy to buy other Resser models and even consider hiring Desperate Mercs.. otherwise, he'll be in big trouble.