2 unrelated Questions: Transposition & duel ties

RotatingPanda

Question

So, I just spent a half hour searching the forums and only found contradictory conversations and no straight answers. Maybe my Search Fu is weak but I did put in the effort to no avail.

1. Can Lilith's Transposition be used on herself? On friendly models?

2. I have read that in an opposed duel, you can automatically choose to tie a duel. Is this true? Is there a page reference in the ruling manual for it?

Thanks in advance.

5 answers to this question

1: No, Lilith cannot use Transposition on herself. The fact that Transposition requires a Resist duel, by definition, makes it an attack. As laid out in the Rules Manual, a model may not attack itself.

You may however use an attached totem to use it's magical extension to cast Transposition on Lilith, as it is not the same model attacking itself.

2: If Your models cast spells that require a resist on your own models, then the resisting model may indeed choose to just tie the result, regardless of the flipped results. Please note however that you still must make all the required flips, as nothing in the rules permits you to ignore this aspect of the game.