Gen Con Tourney

[TABLE=class: form_for_item]

[TR]

[TD=class: value]Puppet Wars Draft[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: name, align: right]Short Description:[/TD]

[TD=class: value]Try playing with some new Puppets in this 3-round draft tournament. Leave your Thimbles and Needles at home; this event is for the part-time Puppet-mender.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: name, align: right]Long Description:[/TD]

[TD=class: value]Wyrd’s Puppet Wars Draft Event is a great opportunity for both new and experienced Puppet Wars players to sit down for a relaxing and casual Puppet War. 16 players will be split among 4 Puppet Wars boards for a series of 4 player games. Puppets and Materials will be provided for this event, with each player drafting their Puppet Crew at the start of each game. Puppet Wars Draft Event will provide new players an opportunity to play with Puppets they are not familiar with, while giving experienced players a chance to try out new puppet combinations.[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Don't read too far into that, it should be more read as:

New players - you get to play with puppets your not familiar with from the existing sets

Experienced players - try out new combinations that you might get forced into because its a draft event!

Players packs will be posted this week for the Puppet Wars events. The nature of the draft means that you may not get to use the ideal puppet combinations available, but instead get to draft your puppets and then play some fun games with the resulting puppets!

Well the description is very misleading then. Why would they assume people haven't played with all the puppets? In a demo event, sure. But for a draft tourney?

So whats the word? No new puppets at gen con this year? An aggressive release last year and then nothing for a whole year? I hope that isn't true.

I don't know what all they are planning with releases and what not, but I am excited about being at Gen Con, that almost all (if not all by this point) the Demos are sold out, and that I will be playing in one of the drafts and the tournament. Plus, hopefully there will be plenty of time left over from my insane schedule to fit in some friendly Puppet War games.

Well the description is very misleading then. Why would they assume people haven't played with all the puppets? In a demo event, sure. But for a draft tourney?

So whats the word? No new puppets at gen con this year? An aggressive release last year and then nothing for a whole year? I hope that isn't true.

I can say this, I put in a request for at least 1 puppet I am fairly confident most people have not used in games due to the very very limited availability. In addition, for the draft event, I have requested 2 other puppets which were available on a limited release (i.e. Pokey Vik and Hooded Rider).

I also know that I have the full set of PW and still find myself playing with new combinations that I have not seen before during draft games.

As for an official word, I have nothing to share. That type of cool teaser stuff is left to higher powers than me! *grin* I can say that I am very excited for Gencon this year!