African painting diary

Metalhed

Sorry, Omenbringer I haven't mastered the lighting just yet. But hopefully slightly better. Got some ideas for a lightbox that I need to try out.

I wouldn't be so hard on your self, those aren't bad photos at all. In fact "Buff Guy" is pretty well done in particular. I would recommend adding some more illumination under the models though.

• 2 weeks later...

Not much to report on the painting sides. I am still sitting in Lagos so I have run out of (Malifaux) models. Hoping to pick up Rail Golem and Rail crew next week - Woohoo. Some friends for Kaeris and my miners.

So instead I have been working on some more terrain.

Unfortunately my girlfriend left back for SA...with the camera so these are taken from my phone and I couldn't get the light right. Also the colour is a little washed out but you should get the idea. These are generic gaming pieces for the club and intended to fit into fantasy-esque settings for Malifaux or Warhammer.

First up my Mausoleum:

IMG00033-20121208-1808-1.jpg

Front door

IMG00034-20121208-1808.jpg

One wing

IMG00036-20121208-1808.jpg

Other wing

IMG00035-20121208-1808.jpg

Back end

I had a mammoth amount of half assembled models and bits of terrain and hoarded bits all over my study. So yesterday I cleaned them up - no small feat. And afterwards I was staring at one of the old LotR statues and some foam scraps. A couple of hours later and I had this:

IMG00041-20121209-0133.jpg

It is now watertight, gaps are filled and ready for a paint job and some water effects. This was tremendous fun to put together.

Enjoy

• 2 months later...

Been a LONG time since I have posted here.

Mainly because I was stuck in Lagos without a camera.

So here are some Malifaux models I painted for one of my mates. He is a super keen gamer, but hates painting. And since he is always at store playing I wanted him to be more of an advertisement for Malifaux.

Starting off with the Waif:

01_zps048497d2.jpg

02_zps20af856c.jpg

Then the steam punk abominations. I struggled to get some good pics with these guys, and since they are no longer in my possession they are the best I will get:

Abom01_zps6d954fd6.jpg

Abom02_zps519bd7ed.jpg

Abom03_zpsae3e9516.jpg

Abom04_zps43f3726f.jpg

Abom05_zpsc46813d9.jpg

Abom06_zpsf0b39167.jpg

Abom07_zps45173eb5.jpg

Now for Rusty Alyce:

Alice01_zps12a64ae0.jpg

Alice02_zps2875dff6.jpg

And the main man, Leveticus. Also not the best photo:

Levi01_zps5f538ea0.jpg

Levi02_zps2fe737c5.jpg

Enjoy. These guys were a blast to paint. Now I am off to go play with some of the new Wyrd plastic models, which are super great. So you will see some more Arcanist stuff from me soon. On the desk: Rail Crew box, Willie and Rail Golem.