Quick draw and a few other questions that seem to recur

Golden

Question

Here's a question I can't find the answer to- If Perdita is engaged in melee with an enemy model, with quick draw active from earlier in the turn, and another enemy model makes a cast/channel, ranged strike, or declares a charge while within 10 inches and LoS, does the ranged strike from Quick Draw happen or is she unable to fire out of melee?

Also, I dont have my cards handy, can she make the strike with gunfighter if the enemy model declaring the action is in her melee range?

Does Immune to Influence stop spells that cause resists with the willpower stat?

Do terrifying models ignore Pitiful?

Does aRamos' mass override affect Hoffman? If so can it be ignored with perfect machine?

How does Breach Psychosis interact with Iresistable?

Sorry for the flood of questions, been mulling these over for awhile.

Edited by Golden

9 answers to this question

If Perdita is engaged in melee with an enemy model, with quick draw active from earlier in the turn, and another enemy model makes a cast/channel, ranged strike, or declares a charge while within 10 inches and LoS, does the ranged strike from Quick Draw happen or is she unable to fire out of melee?

Also, I dont have my cards handy, can she make the strike with gunfighter if the enemy model declaring the action is in her melee range?

The text of Quick Draw says "This model may make a Peacebringer Strike...", therefore you can use her Gunfighter ability (which lets her use her Peacebringer as a 2" :melee attack) to do the strike as a Melee attack.

That's relevant to the second question, as well: so long as it's a Ranged strike, Cast, Channel or Charge action that's being declared, yes you can make the strike with Gunfighter.

Quick Draw: Yes, Perdita can make a Quick Draw shot when someone is within melee, but her range is only 2 melee -- she still can't shoot out from melee with a ranged weapon, except by using Gunfighter.

Immune to Influence: Yes, Immune to Influence stops spells (and any other effect) that are resisted with Wp. Note that this doesn't include static Wp checks (like Harmless and Terrifying checks).

Pitiful: No, Terrifying models don't ignore Pitiful unless they have some other ability that says they do. (Lord Chompy Bits, for instance, has such an ability.)

Mass Override: Yes, Mass Override can affect Masters, including Ramos, Hoffman, Leveticus, and Collodi. I'm not sure if Perfect Machine can ignore it, but I think so.

Breach Psychosis and Irresistible: Breach Psychosis makes Ryle immune to Irresistible. Unless he is somehow within 12 inches of Pandora. EDIT: I AM WRONG ON THIS.

Edited by Hateful Darkblack

Yeah, Breach Psychosis is just an intimidating way of saying: Immune to influence and ignores harmless, pitiful, and terrifying. There is nothing that stops Immune to Influence that won't shut Breach Psychosis down as well.

I feel played...