Bleached Models - My Ongoing Malifaux Projects [Heavy on Images]

I wouldn't bet on that. It isn't easy to get better, really. It comes down to how much time a person is willing to put into the hobby and sometimes I just do not have the time for it.

I used to sit on a model for 2-4 hours, now I sit at one for twice as long, even longer sometimes. Finding that time is already hard enough.

I guess what I can try to do is become faster and keeping up the quality of my paint jobs, since they are sufficient for my tabletop needs. But otherwise I do not know how else I could wiggle in time to improve. D:

Hmm... know the feeling. The fastest grem I painted was the hauler, and it still took me around 9-10 hours (including making the base). Luckily I've managed to wiggle some hobby time out of my otherwise quite busy schedule of late.

Normally I try to paint 2-3 times a week, even if I can only squeeze in 1-2 hours in one go (I usually get home before my GF and take the chance :P ).

My tip would be to try and make time as often as possible, even if you can only get an hour. It helps a lot :)

It took me about that time to paint my two recent girls each, as well. Painted them up in four days, actually, of which on two I didn't paint at all. lol

I try to snag in as much time as I can. I am just not sure how I could improve besides practicing a lot. I am already at a super tiny brush (0/3) instead of what I used to use (2). I wonder if I step it up to a size (1) brush, I might be able to cover more ground easier and still be able to maintain a certain level of detail. Though, my models are pretty sloppy still. lol

Mine stay pretty decent, actually. Only brush that has issues is my base coat brush and mixing brush (old size 2). Besides that and the fudged up (1) brush, everything is pretty decent. May split a bit at the tip if it is dry too long, but when wet attains a good point. :)

---------- Post added at 09:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 AM ----------

Nice work as usual buy the way Bleach *grin*

Thanks! :D

---------- Post added at 09:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 AM ----------

Bale you should really pick up some real hair brushes. They are more expensive, but really good. If you do not have a shop where you can buy them locally, my LGS does have an online shop. I believe they ship to Poland as well. :)

I can link you, if you want. ^^

Thanks! :D

I am taking a small break from the Colette crew goodness and working on an Infinity model. This is basically an alternate color scheme for my JSA troop in Infinity. After considering it gravely, since I really like both ideas I came up with, I will be going for the red MC Hammer pants. Too cool, imo. :)

20130526_155230_zpsff81843f.jpg

20130526_155311_zps33b39b55.jpg

More Colette goodness soon! ;)

Your thread moves on so fast I cant even keep up with just looking at them! ;)

Love Collette's colour scheme. And Cassie's dress is also looking great. I almost feel it steals away from her ginger freckles look abit now! primarily the blue/turquoise is the distraction I think.

But as a sum of all its parts. the crew is going to look awesome and im sure you've chosen your colours based on what the general feel of the crew. :)

Cheers! Thanks! :D

This thread has been moving on quite quickly as of late. I guess it is because of more frequent discussions here. lol

But yeah the color scheme is just one I wanted to have for some crew. The decision fell upon Collie's crew instead of my others. Luckily the showgirls are so colorful and easy to paint that getting the color scheme and palette down was pretty easy.

Thanks! They are rather simple, actually.

Paint up a few good base coats of Mephiston Red (Gamesworkshop / Citadel).

Shade the recesses of the pants with Army Painter's Strong Tone Ink (Devlan Mud from old Citadel line). Use a couple layers to achieve varying depth.

Clean up blotchy parts with Mephiston Red.

First highlights with 1:1 mix of Mephiston Red and Orange Red (Vallejo Model Color).

Final highlights with pure Orange Red.

Simple 3 color pants. :)