Spells, LOS, and cover

Paul Turner

Question

12 answers to this question

Yes I see it now page 50 - spells basic - bullet point three.

So if attack spells follow the same targeting rules as ranged attacks they can target models in melee, but have to make a wp test, and there's a possability it may hit others in the melee?

Is my thinking right on this?

Where are you getting the Wp test from? There's no test for firing into melee other than the target randomisation. Otherwise, you are correct. The target also get +1 to its resisting stat for every enemy it's engaged with.

Dose this effect Leveticus spells to that dont have the (gun symbol)

Entropic Transformation = Rg:12

Target on 2 Wd or less transforms in to something

Necrotic Unmaking = Rg:10

Target enemy model suffers 3 Wounds (not damage)

Spells without the :ranged symbol can be cast into melee or cover at no penalty.

The Wp test was originally in the first book. But was removed in the Rules Manual.

You don't have to take a Wp test to shoot into combat. TBH you can happily eat Desperate Mercs for Blood Counters, why would you be bothered by firing at them in combat with the enemy. This is Malifaux, Bad Things Happen.

The Wp test was originally in the first book. But was removed in the Rules Manual.

So THAT'S what happened. I was playing against a friend a couple of weeks ago and said that a Wp check was necessary and he didn't think it was. I looked in the manual and could find no hint of it anywhere despite the fact that I thought I remembered reading it in the rules.

Nice to know that I was not crazy.

I think I was interested in the rule because I was trying to understand whether Nicodem could shoot decay into melee without a test since none of his crew would take damage and instead be healed.

But, its a moot point anyway since no check...