Henrietta Jekyll - Infamy Miniatures

Lono

I'm really pleased to present the first model in my new miniature range!

post-1139-13911922877316_thumb.jpg

Henrietta is a twisted, steampunk, female interpretation of Robert Louis Stevenson's Doctor Jekyll and she's out to buy now. The model is 32mm scale, was sculpted by Sebastian Archer and cast in very high quality resin to retain a maximum amount of detail. The studio paint job was by Stephan Rath.

You can see more at:

The Infamy Miniatures website - http://www.infamyminiatures.com/

Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/infamyminis

Twitter - http://twitter.com/#!/infamyminis

Edited by Lono

Thank you for the kind words everyone. It's great to hear such enthusiasm for the project. And I fixed my post to be Doctor Jekyll. Good proof reading! :)

Holmes is possibly my favourite of the initial dramatis personae... He was pretty much the starting point of the range and I have a real fondness for him because of that. The cool art helps too! The model itself has been made by one of the very best sculptors around. I know I'm biased, but Holmes is undoubtedly the finest mini I've ever seen. The level of detail is amazing. If you like the art you will love the model. I'm putting up sneak peeks of him every so often on my facebook page at the moment.

As for the rules, I'll be releasing a smattering of information about the main principles behind the game, then, as we get further through the year, I'll release more specific details on various parts.

It won't be until later in 2013 that anything concrete is released for people to see though. For now I'm looking at building up a catalog of cool models and background and developing the game in tandem with that.

Will there be a Ms Hyde? How could I possibly make one without the other? She's kinda ready and waiting for the right time to pounce!

The mini looks great, and the concept art for the others is awesome. If you can pull off that Holmes figure, I will buy it.

Out of curiosity, why make Holmes a villain when Moriarty already exists? Your description of Holmes is almost identical to Holmes description of Moriarty in Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's stories.

Thank you for the continued nice comments. The models are indeed 32mm, although there will be some bigger scale releases dropped in here and there because as I'm more of a painter than a gamer, I love large scale models.

The expanded background of Holmes (who is 32mm) is different to Moriarty, but I can understand why you ask the question, as you've not seen that! Moriarty also has a part to play in the story. Sherlock ponders what his life would be like if he had turned his mind to crime at various times in the books too, but he main reason to make Holmes the villain - I can also have a nasty version of Watson at his side. ;)

As for promoting my company on another one's site - I've always experienced an openness to other manufacturers here, which is one of the things that makes it a great place to be a member. I've not just arrived and made a first post trying to pimp my wares - I am a reasonably active forum member who has set up a one man operation making very small runs of minis. I also have made this range to appeal to me and I love Malifaux models, so I figured others around these parts would too. I think that's a bit different to a GW rep suddenly arriving and starting a thread, but, if the powers that be deem it to be an issue I'm sure they will let me know, and that's fine.

I have zero problems with a guy telling me about his game and models without taking 45 minutes of my time. This is a pretty receptive community supporting painting, sculpting, and chock full of discussions about proxied models.... this seems to be withing that vein.... only Lono owns this game, which is awesome.

I, for one, would support you continuing to post pictures of the new models as they come up.

Even though I'm now following you (Lono/Infamy miniatures) on facebook and subscribed to the newsletter it's nice to see pictures of the mini's posted here (as long as the mods think it's okay of course) as this is my most frequented site (even if I don't post that often)

And I think your range is different enough from Malifaux to not be a problem for Wyrd.

• 2 weeks later...

I've stuck up pictures of the sculpt for the second release - Sherlock Holmes

As with the first model, he's at 32mm scale. This one has been made by MIKH and is currently being cast in a run of 250. I'll have him online in my store to pre-order pretty soon but for now, I hope everyone enjoys the pretty model.

More images at my website - http://www.infamyminiatures.com/blog/sherlock-holmes-sculpt/

post-1139-13911923016509_thumb.jpg