Levi making the Miner worth the SS

iamthefly

Hi,

Would this work?

I activate Leveticus, do some stuff untill I'm low on wounds and give the SS Miner Blessings of Desolation. I then use the SS Miner to kill Leveticus gaining a Soul-Stone and, if I flip/cheat a crow, summoning a SPA. as Levi is trying to die and only has Df2, it wouldn't take a high crow, but even so I accept that you probably couldn't raise a SPA every time.

Gaining a SS when killing a model is an ability of the Miner and so you can still use the Blessings trigger.

This could be combined with the Scheme where you try to finish the game with more SS than your opponent and also the one where you try to kill and res Levi a bunch of times.

Stratagies may vary.

As the Miner is killing Levi the whole time you can keep it out of harms way until you want it to claim an objective, hurt itself for more ss or attack someone else. If you can beat 4 SS out of Levi, then surely its worth the 2ss you effectively payed for it, even if it was busy the first 4 turns - plus a few SPAs?

If you don't have the crows and the SS arn't too valuable to you, you could cast Blessings on the big SPA construct thing (doesnt need another crow) or use the A&D who has it baked in with double crow. This would get you more SPAs from Levi who you are going to kill anyway.

I also like to save the 2ss on a dog, make a SPA from Levi and kill it for a second Waif turn 2.

I don't think you could get SPAs, as that requires you to kill an enemy model, I think.

Incorrect. However what does make this not work is the fact that you have to pick your trigger. You can get a soulstone, or a SPA, from one of the triggers as you can not get both. Gaining a soulstone when killing something with the rock drill is a trigger unless you use the extract soul spell. If you do use the extract soul spell to kill Leveticus at 2 Wd and are successful due to getting the extra crow from cheating it in (blessings of desolation gives you a crow for your CB not your Ca) you are not utilizing a melee strike and cannot utilize the blessings of desolation to create a SPA.

I try really hard to have Leveticus die from his taking a wound in the end step as otherwise you open yourself up to the waifs being targeted and not being able to come back. Taking out a waif or Leveticus for a SPA seems like a good plan (and sometimes is a great plan) but not one I would do all the time as you really want to be killing your opponants models for SPA more than your own.

I toyed with the idea of taking A&D and a bunch of stolen as it has that multiplying your SS effect as you attack the three stolen and make three SPA and then attack the rats with the SPA created from the stolen after using Leveticus to give them blessings of desolation... but then you have spend your turn doing nothing but creating SPA while your opponant has possitioned themselves and been getting strategy/schemes done. I think it has possibilities... but not something I would do all the time, or even the majority of the time.

I'm having a really hard time justifying the SS miner in a Leveticus list post bury changes. He just doesn't seem worth it to me except to go take out austringers or the like. Please convince me otherwise, I would love to use him more. Right now I am finding A&D to be a ridiculous beast... to the point that I am likely to avoid taking him for a while as my opponants feel like he is too ridiculous.

Edited by schristofersen

I toyed with the idea of taking A&D and a bunch of stolen as it has that multiplying your SS effect as you attack the three stolen and make three SPA and then attack the rats with the SPA created from the stolen after using Leveticus to give them blessings of desolation... but then you have spend your turn doing nothing but creating SPA while your opponant has possitioned themselves and been getting strategy/schemes done. I think it has possibilities... but not something I would do all the time, or even the majority of the time.

This doesn't work. The A&D trigger is enemy models. The Stolen are a waste for Leveticus.

This doesn't work. The A&D trigger is enemy models. The Stolen are a waste for Leveticus.

i'd say "darn it you're right." but the blessings of desolation from a SPA or two would still have this trigger on killing the stolen for a net gain in SS when killing the resulting rat right?

EDIT: no.. no it isn't right as has correctly been pointed out the V3 card also says enemy defender. So no point in stolen for that use for Leveticus.

i'd say "darn it you're right." but the blessings of desolation from a SPA or two would still have this trigger on killing the stolen for a net gain in SS when killing the resulting rat right?

EDIT: no.. no it isn't right as has correctly been pointed out the V3 card also says enemy defender. So no point in stolen for that use for Leveticus.

Sad day! Now if Stolen dropped Corpse Counters... c'est la vie.

It's amazing to me -- Leveticus feels like he has so many models to choose from, and yet so many models aren't even close to worth it. Luckily, the ones that are worth it are awesome.

And not forgetting if he's dead nothing drops scrap counters when it dies

Surely Blessings of desolation gets round that as it specifically states that the model does not drop any counters - the SPA is summoned before the killed model is removed from play. So Levi could activate, cast blesssings on other model(s) in his crew and then die. If the other model(s) then activated and killed an enemy model and got the trigger off they could still create a new SPA.

Edit -and the model killed does not need to be a construct - could even be a spirit.

Edited by tattyted

Surely Blessings of desolation gets round that as it specifically states that the model does not drop any counters - the SPA is summoned before the killed model is removed from play. So Levi could activate, cast blesssings on other model(s) in his crew and then die. If the other model(s) then activated and killed an enemy model and got the trigger off they could still create a new SPA.

That is true. Magicpockets is saying (and I totally speak for him now, fyi :-P) that schristofersen was right in trying to take Leveticus to 1Wd during the turn (instead of killing him outright) because if Leveticus is dead, corpse/scrap don't show up. And while the Blessings don't care about counters, it is nice when your own models, like that summoned SPA, create counters when they die.

I particularly like leaving a few corpses around if I can, in case someone murders a Waif -- yay resummon!

That is true. Magicpockets is saying (and I totally speak for him now, fyi :-P) that schristofersen was right in trying to take Leveticus to 1Wd during the turn (instead of killing him outright) because if Leveticus is dead, corpse/scrap don't show up. And while the Blessings don't care about counters, it is nice when your own models, like that summoned SPA, create counters when they die.

I particularly like leaving a few corpses around if I can, in case someone murders a Waif -- yay resummon!

Ah gotcha! I play a lot of ressers so there tends to be a graverobber around most of the time (and nothing says the graverobber/scavenger has to be on your side).