Some Pax east coverage

You're articles have me wanting to buy into Super Dungeon Explore, damn you for that, but congratulations on your minis (they're awesome).

I've never been to America nevermind any of these conventions. Been to Gamesday UK twice a number of years ago and that's about it. Seeing the studio paint jobs is always amazing, but I don't see why people get so excited over the so called "booth babes". I tend to not enjoy being on my feet all day with all that noise pollution (geeky noise pollution too), but it'd be worth it to have a conversation with the celebrities of gaming.

Had an idea for a board game to join my two miniature game ideas recently. Really gonna have to work on them sometime, maybe one day I'll be losing money at Pax East too ;)

Thanks a lot for these though, appreciated over here =D

Although you said that it bothered you in the article, Antizombie, your a good paint, and your minis look great.

Have been debating on Super Dungeon for awhile. They were demoing it next to me at an event I was demoing Puppet Wars at, and it seemed like a lot of fun. Might have to pick it up, seems like a really great game, and of course I need more models to paint, I mean what else is there to do with the piddly tax refund I'm getting.

Great Coverage. I want to get out to a PAX soon. I am hoping that its growing so fast that we will get a PAX Midwest soon close to home.

So Anti-zombie, Why no Malifaux events?

Because Wyrd wouldn't get me into it for free. I have a hard time paying for convention admission. Plus then i would have to organize everything.

As for the Aliens display it is a new game called Aliens colonial marines. They really brought out the big guns for it's display. You had to wait in an hour line just to WATCH the trailer for the game. Hence the lack of my information on it.

I think there's definitely something to be said for giving an incentive (free admission, in this case) for helping out. I don't think it's necessary, by any stretch of the imagination, but it sound like that was a factor for who he did help out...

Also, WEiRD, your Indiscriminate Void sig link says admin only, just letting you know...

I'm surprised PAX doesn't give free badges to event organizers. It really shouldn't be something you or Wyrd should have to pay for, its in the cons best interest to give out a couple free badges in exchange for running events that could bring in a hundred more people

---------- Post added at 03:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 PM ----------

Woah there soldier. Wyrd didn't get into it for free either.

Was Wyrd there officially with a booth?

Ya Mr. Sirlin was very nice. I had no idea who he was initially since I met him while he was wandering around the Yomi tournament. My friend had to point him out to me. It was cool to see how happy his staff was too, nice to see the indy companies with happy employees

---------- Post added at 10:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 AM ----------

My confusion stems from how Wyrd "wouldn't" cover his expense to go there when they weren't there themselves.

exactally. Plus all the tickets were sold out by the time I decided to go. If it wasn't for CMON i wouldn't have even gotten in at all.