paired weapons

Nazull

im guessing this has been talked about before but as i have just started playing in the UK.

My 1st came was vs someone that had paired weapons and my question is this.

do paired weapons let you flip 2 cards and take the highest or is it just +1 to the card number of a card u flip or is it +1 to move up a set

A set as in the modefier, 1st set is 0 , 2nd set is 1-5, 3rd is 6-9, 4th set is 10-11+.

im working on a Marcus team and 2nd team is ether Rasputinea or Ramos.

anyone know any good 35 and 45 team set ups that work well together in ether of this teams please message me :)

Thank you all

thx for the fast reply :)

do the + and - they talk about in the rule book mean + X or - X number of cards u flip all the time.

i know charge is a + 1 to damage flip. dose that mean u flip 2 cards and pick the best one.

or or dose it mean +1 to the number u flip. like if i flip a 5 (weak damage) but i add +1 to the damage flip making it a 6for Mod damage) ?

i know this sounds all basic but me and a few mates are learning the game to gether and have diffrent views

Firstly welcome to this great game.

An important aspect of the :+fate flip is that you flip an extra card per :+fate and CHOOSE which one to use. This is not necessarily the highest as another aspect of actions are the triggers - so you may choose a lower card to get the right trigger.

Lastly, do post up where you are as they may be some local players around who can help you through the basic mechanics of the game. Alternatively get along to where we're running a demo (look in the events section of the forum or use the link in my sig).

Go to My Profile. You can put it in there and it will show up under your name. Just like mine says Omaha, NE and Clousseau says Olney, Bucks, UK. Welcome to Malifaux and never be afraid to toss out a rules question, everyone here is pretty helpful.

---------- Post added at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 PM ----------

Thx. thats is how we havebeen playing :)

so the charge Damage flip. i flip 1 card for the normal damage for the attack and a 2nd card cos i charged ?

That can get tricky. First you have to find the difference in combat scores and then modifiy the cards from there. Example: you charge and get a difference of 4 for the combat score. If you look at the chart you will see that is -1 flip, but since you charged you gain +1 flip so the two cancel and you flip one card which you can cheat if you like. Hope that helps.

There are also a variety of abilities that give you positive or negative flips. All of the + and - add up with each other, to a maximum of 3+ and 3- (flip 4 cards and choose one or flip 4 cards and choose the lowest)

Finally, remember that if the Red Joker comes up you have to take it, even with negative flips. Same goes with Black Joker, except that the Black Joker beats the Red Joker and you can't cheat when it appears.

yer mte thought would be great :)

do u know all the rules/skills meanigs well ?

iv bean lerning them with someone that has played a few games but is still lerning to.

like i found out that if u have 1 or 2 - on the flip u have to use the lowest. but i showed him a rule that says if u flip a 4 and then a red joker u can pick the red joker, he was like.."OH"

i showed him where in the rule book it says and so he found out something off me :)

iv bought the terroclip building set but forgot to buy the clips for them . have to wait till sat to see if the shop is open so i can go for a drive to pick them up.

---------- Post added at 07:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 PM ----------

im free this saturday and maybe this monday.

monday is not confirmed yet :)

Sunday im playing Spacehulk with my brother at his. (the 3rd edeition the newer one from GW)

There are also a variety of abilities that give you positive or negative flips. All of the + and - add up with each other, to a maximum of 3+ and 3- (flip 4 cards and choose one or flip 4 cards and choose the lowest)

Finally, remember that if the Red Joker comes up you have to take it, even with negative flips. Same goes with Black Joker, except that the Black Joker beats the Red Joker and you can't cheat when it appears.

You never HAVE to take the red Joker. You MUST always take the black Joker though (even if you flip both jokers by some chance).

If you have a negative flip and you flip the red joker as one of the cards then you can choose to take it. This is an exception to the rule that on a negative flip you must take the lowest value.