1/72 Buildings too small?

Cadilon

they're too small. Malifaux is 32mm + the hight of the base (another cca 5mm) so the models tend to be 37mm high. which will be up to the first storey - and it would look silly.

They are even too small for Wh 40k models (40k is 28mm scale)...

edit:

one thing I found useful is that the doors should be the width of a normal 30mm base. that provides for easy calculation of the higth of the door and with that the hight of a single storey. that gives you a good starting point when building / looking to buy scenery for gaming. also, the hight of the wall under a window (the lowest point of window) should be around 25mm from the floor...

those are basic numbers I use when making my Malifaux scenery. (cue shameless selfpromoting) You can check it out at Demonn's Lair or Outskirts of Malifaux (end of shameless selfpromoting :) )

Edited by Demonn Agram

That being said, true 28mm or 32mm buildings are generally too large for sensible play. If you are intending to allow models to enter buildings then you will need larger scale, but if the buildings are going to essentially represent impassable terrain then 1/72, 1/76, HO or OO scale models will probably be OK, especially on buildings which have larger doors or windows (churches, castles etc).

As said above, they would probably be about the right size for Gremlin buildings.