Big Z - "OBEY" bomb?

riot

Hi all,

Have I either made an obvious error somewhere or it just may work? if it does work its frightful. example list: 25SS (off of the top of my head)

big z

doppleganger

sorrow

sorrow

vodoo doll

mature neph

right, so assume its turn two and i do the following:

obey with vodoo doll, sacrifice it. summon new doll with z, zoriada caste obey, new voodoo doll does obey, link a sorrow to big Z, siphon magic- obey, link second sorrow to big Z, siphon magic- obey, mimic obey n casting stats with doppleganger, obey,

THAT MAKES 6 OBEYS A TURN..... due to 6 individual activations that can potentially cast Obey via one means or another from Zoriada.

In a 35SS list could i throw in another 3 sorrows that link to the dopple which has mimicked the obey etc from zoriada for another 3 obeys via siphon magic - the dopple will get ill real fast but she can always heal flip herself, and the whole party would be super fragile to blasts etc due to them being tightly bunched up, but with 9 potential obeys a turn on the mature neph or enemy beat stick model it may moot.

What you think? or have i got it wrong? If i have got it wrong can you please let me know where in a clear manner or if its covered in an errata somewhere? if it can work it i think it can possibly be a bit crunchy to play against. Granted zoriada will take a wnd per linked sorrow but she get healing flips after all....

Welcome to Malifaux.

Seems fine to me. You can also mimic the Mature N's claws and obay the Doppler if you want.

One question though, what are you going to do once you opponent kills your relatively fragile M Nephalim?

Also the Sorrows will cause a wound per turn to Zoraida while linked.

Edited by iamthefly

I think it's doable but you'll need to be flipping 10+ for all models except Z, as they're all Ca 4. Looks brutal on paper but I think it would be less likely to work in reality.

Let us know how it works out for you though :)

Pretty much my thoughts exactly. Besides, by spending half your actions trying to Obey, you'll probably fall behind in the VP race.

If I saw that list across the table I would not feel threatened. Kill one fragile model its down and range is limited to obey which isn't far enough to keep up with mobility of the mature. This game also is activation to activation, so lots of actions between each obey.

Good catching on to combos, but idea would flop more often than not.

To be honest, I`d be tempted to remove the mature and grab a couple more cheap guys and do drop ship approach on turn 2. Turn one keep everyone back Link the Sorrows to the DG. Turn 2 stall out your turn, then near the end have the DG copy raven, fly to within 8 of a Big Big enemy beat stick. Carry the Sorrows to melee range of a couple targets (Ideally the beatstick is Johan, Taeol or LCB, 3 inch melee). The sorrow copy the beat stick`s stick, and beats the beatstick with his own stick along with a couple others. in preparation for the dropship, use Obey to clump up your targets. I don`t know if Raven will cause Harmless to drop, but you have a harmless center piece surrounded by sorrows that have emotional stress.

I'm afraid I second Mr B here.....

If you are going for an obey list with Zoraida, I would consider her Avatar, as she can trigger an extra lure per turn, and Hamelin, as he can do the same. Hamelin can also be great with her as you can use Z and the voodoo doll to obey him to cast the "walk into the table edge and die! spell.

The dopple ganger can be great, but most people take a stitched together in the list if they really want to get the best out of it....

Sure sorrows can mimic her spells...but do you REALLY want to be taking 3 wounds a turn for the privalege? One focused shot and you gone (sure she has soul stones to heal but why put yourself in that position?).

The Mature neph will also go down quicker than you think...for 10ss von schill will offer you alot more (although this means you cant take Hamelin...)

This is my usual 25ss list:

Zoraida Cache 6

Von Schill 10

Terror Tot 3

Terror Tot 3

Hooded Rider 8

An obey orientated list is quite tricky at 25ss. B taking Hamelin you also need a main damage output, which you would probably use a stitched together for. An insidious madness would allow you to strip away any immunity to will power duels (allowing Zoraida to hex the ability off permanently.) I would then also take a combat orientated effigy to give the crew an extra dimension.My version would look like this:

Hamelin 10ss

Stitched together 5ss

Insidious Madness 4ss

Brutal/Hodge Podge effigy 4ss

I would use the hodgepodge for card control and crews which include armour or the brutal effigy if I wanted pure melee potential.

I hope some of this is useful...

Cheers for everyones input, its awesome and goes to show that the many ways of doing something, there is of coarse something a lil bit more efficient or sneaky :-)

Truly awesome ideas and feedback guys, you've helped me out massively, previously i have been limited to collodi and pandora led crews, suddenly finding myself with a new master with a solid more of manipulation n control theme theme has had me stumped - though totally entertained.,.. big Z is one tactically flexible lady.

Cheers again

riot