Call out to Central Indiana players!

RebeccaJo

So, Jewomie and I are looking into starting some demos and maybe get some monthly games starting up soon in the Central Indiana area. We were hoping to see if there were other Indy players who would be interested in teaming up to build interest in Indiana. It seems odd that Malifaux is disappearing in both LGS in our area (one on each the north and south side of Indianapolis) when both are so close to downtown. Not to mention GenCon is here every year.

If you're an Indy player and are interested, please shoot either myself (RebeccaJo) or Jeremy (Jewomie) a PM. We'd love to not only meet the other local players, but get together and actually play.

Let's see if we can get some strong Indy representation this year going into GenCon! :D

Keep the Champaign area in East Central Illinois in Mind as well Rebecca. Small play group here, but I'm thinking of trying to get some tourney's going in this area should you be interested in partaking. I am dedicated to growing the scene out here to make it worth your while to come out and visit at some point. =D

Thanks for the invite Fetid. Rebecca and I have given a lot of thought to coming out there, and we are all for it! We are actually really excited to meet you all and get some games in. Ever since our group fell apart she and i have only played against each other, and as wonderful as it is to have a girlfriend that plays, we're really itching to face some new opponents. (and i'm tired of losing to her. ;) )

I'd be interested in a monthly event. I am in Northeast Indiana and I am finding Malifaux is waning here as well. I think anything to rekindle interest would be great.

That's great to hear, we are looking at getting a monthly event going at one of the Game Preserves (probably the one in Greenwood) They want something like 3 weeks notice to reserve a saturday, so we're probably not going to start until some time in Late April or May. We will be sure to keep you posted as we start to pick out dates for the games. :D

If you know of anyone else Cadilon, feel free to extend the invite to them as well. And Fetid, maybe we'll have to have a trans state play off some time. Indiana vs Illinois. :D

Thanks guys, we appreciate the feedback!

@Fetid: Jeremy and I are totally down for coming out. We have been talking to Mydnight about coming up either before or after Adepticon to play some games and doing some business... >.> <.< lol. Once we get an idea of a more specific time, we'll let you know and see if we can't arrange a couple games with both of you. :]

@Cadilon: Like Jeremy said, we're looking to start it up around late April or May. It would be awesome if you wanted to get in on it. :] Start spreading the word around up there and we'll see what we can get going in the coming months.

P.S. Indiana v. Illinois is soooo happening! ;]

Fetid will tell you that I'm a sucker for driving (I do too much of it for a living) so if you guys start running tourneys out there give me a heads up! Depending on my on-call sched and whatever else is conspiring to take over my life I might be able to swing a 2-hour trip to IN w/Strumpet in tow (hopefully).

Fetid will tell you that I'm a sucker for driving (I do too much of it for a living) so if you guys start running tourneys out there give me a heads up! Depending on my on-call sched and whatever else is conspiring to take over my life I might be able to swing a 2-hour trip to IN w/Strumpet in tow (hopefully).

Awesome! I'm sure we'll be up for making the trek to you guys as well.

I'm certainly looking forward to this. :D

Always be sure to post events up on the boards here as well because we Chicago players are sometimes down for a road trip.

I will be sure to keep you all up to speed once we get around to actually starting some games. after close to a year break from the game, she and i are a tad rusty and have been busy trying to get back on top of all the rules, but as mentioned before, we'll probably start this up in May. It would be really awesome if some of you could make it out, especially to wow the LGS with a big kick off. ;)

I stopped by the Greenwood Game Preserve one night last summer and had a nice couple of games with a guy. I am hoping that game room will be large enough for an event. =o

I think that was the same trip I stopped by the Keystone Game Preserve and found all their Malifaux stuff on clearance. I had mixed emotions. I picked up a ton of stuff cheap, but it was sad to see Malifaux discounted, knowing what that meant to the support there.

I stopped by the Greenwood Game Preserve one night last summer and had a nice couple of games with a guy. I am hoping that game room will be large enough for an event. =o

I think that was the same trip I stopped by the Keystone Game Preserve and found all their Malifaux stuff on clearance. I had mixed emotions. I picked up a ton of stuff cheap, but it was sad to see Malifaux discounted, knowing what that meant to the support there.

Yeah, i remember that... Most of what they have left now is sewer base inserts Zoriada and Raspy's avatars and a puppet deck... but i guess they still play games there? if they do, i might see about moving our events up there as they have more space... but if we have to go to greenwood, we'll all just get real cozy... haha

@everyone!: I'm so happy to come to the library, log on, and see this. Jewomie told me it had gathered some attention, but I had no idea. :) It sounds like we all just need to collaborate together and set up a once a month thing maybe alternating the states/locations. After reading all the posts, it seems like most people are okay with traveling. So maybe a once a month thing will be just frequent enough to keep us all fresh when playing and good on our wallets for the travel. :D

From the bottom of my heart, thank you guys so much. It's really nice to see that there are still people close that play. Malifaux is not a dying breed. ;]

• 2 weeks later...

I happened to stumble upon this after posting in Jewomie's thread just a few minutes ago. As I said over there, my group is willing to travel(at the very least to Indiana) and we would love to meet more Malifaux people. I figured I would bump this to the top of the list while telling you non-Jewomie, non-RebeccaJo individuals that Columbus is down.

i happened to stumble upon this after posting in jewomie's thread just a few minutes ago. As i said over there, my group is willing to travel(at the very least to indiana) and we would love to meet more malifaux people. I figured i would bump this to the top of the list while telling you non-jewomie, non-rebeccajo individuals that columbus is down.

thanks!