Obey on friendly models

Graysen

They do have to take the duel. You can cheat it down.

When a model is resisting a spell, you can always choose to tie the result, letting the spell go off. In the case of Obey on a friendly, you have to flip the card, but you can always choose to let it affect you regardless of your Rst.

Think what your meaning to ask is if you either flipped the red joker on the resist, or if flipped the black joker on on the casting?

or lets muddy it even worse... I cast and flip a black joker, on resist I flip the red joker.. can I choose to fail the resist?

Bigger question is can you switch out decks because that that point yours hates you.

(before anyone says it.. yes I know what happens since the black was flipped on casting, Im just trying to see if understand what was originally meant so its easier to explain the situation.)

Edited by harbinger

Two thoughts come to mind,

First, black joker on the the "to cast" won't successfully cast Obey in the first place for any model I can think of so you would never get to the Rst stage.

Second, Choosing the tie the result is not under the rules for cheating fate so the rules for the Red/Black joker should not apply.

Woah.

Saint is right.

OK, when you are casting a spell, you flip to Cast first. If you don't hit the CC, the spell isn't going off. There is no reason to even flip a Rst.

That said, the Black Joker could conceivably get a spell off since it's not a "fail" but rather a zero. You'd need to soulstone, though.

So, once you have successfully cast the spell, you flip the Rst. You can choose to fail it regardless of what card it is, including both Jokers.