"From Beginner to Broken" - an in depth Hamelin tacticia

magicpockets

Okay, so I'm writing a full Hamelin tacticia looking at his models, play styles, tricks and weaknesses. However, before I do I thought I'd start this thread so, if there's anything particularly you'd like me to include or explore, you can post it here so I can make sure it's in there.

Also, if you're an experienced Hamelin player and interested in proof reading it and adding ideas I miss please send me a PM - it'd be cool if we can get a comprehensive guide to all aspects of one of the most complex Masters in the game.

Take it easy

- Adam

Also, if you're an experienced Hamelin player and interested in proof reading it and adding ideas I miss please send me a PM - it'd be cool if we can get a comprehensive guide to all aspects of one of the most complex Masters in the game.

Take it easy

- Adam

There is of course already a good place (and start) for this hosted at the PullMyFinger site.

I'd like to see some discussion on activation order and how the crew moves on the battlefield. I'm coming off of a Colette streak (my initial master), and I can't quite wrap my head around the way they move. I played my first game with Hamelin this past weekend, and the crew felt very slow.

People always say rats are fast, I get that they mean that they get killed/summoned/activated multipe times. However, the Ratcatchers are kind of slow (8" if they use both AP to Wk). Rats need to be within 6" of the catchers if they want to keep themselves around, and 2" of the catchers if you want keep them around (armor +2). So, doesn't this hold back the rats. They don't have companion with each other, so how do you advance with your rats any significant distance and still keep within range of the catchers? For that matter, how do you accomplish this and successfully close in on faster more maneuverable crews.

I need diagrams, dammit! :)

Please help. I've become addicted to having a threat range of at least half the table length (sometimes more), and am now suffering from serious withdrawal (in addition to Colette, I also experimented with Collodi). :(

I'd like to see some discussion on activation order and how the crew moves on the battlefield. I'm coming off of a Colette streak (my initial master), and I can't quite wrap my head around the way they move. I played my first game with Hamelin this past weekend, and the crew felt very slow.
I'd love to see this as well. Maybe not with diagrams, but a few paragraphs on the most important points of activation order would be much appreciated.

From what I've read about his lists, MagicPockets uses his rats a lot different then most since he runs a Grow list. As for me, I use Hamelin and the Rats a lot more defensively then most so wont be much help in terms of fast moving Rats. I seem to recall Sandwich being a Hamelin player that really moves the Rats around, so perhaps he could be engaged.