Corphee or Mechanical rider?

sinistralsimia

Personally I do not think the Coryphee are worth the points outside of a showgirls list. They are really quite fragile. Their main defense is their ability to stay out of the opponent's range via swapping places with Cassandra or Colette. The mechanical rider, on the other hand, is durable, mobile, has solid damage output and only costs one more stone than a single coryphee. The Rider is quite simply a better choice in a Ramos crew.

I'm going to stand by the fact that I think the Coryphee is a better investment for the OP's stated purpose: fast objective grabber. Although the mech rider is able to take more of a punishment, the Coryphee (in the early turns) is better at avoiding the punishment all together. It's also cheaper, which is useful if you're really planning on just using it to grab some points and stay alive.

That said, it does depend on what sort of objectives you're grabbing. Sabotage types won't really see your opponent stopping you with their melee range, so you don't need the combat power of the Rider. Many others and it won't be a matter of grabbing points and moving. Additionally, if you plan on getting the model in the fight later in the game, the Rider will be better for you.

Regardless, read the posts above and get your own feel for it. They do very different things, and the Rider is more self-sufficient than the Coryphee.

I said before a game that I would play Ramos. Then flipped reconnoiter. Ouch! I added 2 coryphee for speed, combined them for most of the game (for an easy sabotage) and split them towards the end to send them to different corners. They are a lot weaker individually, and I lost one of them, but stil managed to pull off an 8-0.

Mind you, I was playing against gremlins...