Infernal Killjoy and His Bowler Hat

Sholto

Because no-one can look at the Showgirls and not want to join in, Killjoy launches himself from the bowels of hell, bursts through the floorboards of the Star Theatre, puts on his bestest of hats and breaks into a Rogers and Hammerstein number:

post-3371-13911921866188_thumb.jpg

The OSL does not show up as clearly on the camera phone image as in real life, but hopefully you can see what I was trying to get (strong light from above, heavy, dull, fire-y glow from below).

(One thing worth noting: to do the cleaver, I took Black Ink and Tamiya Clear Red, thinned it with some Alcohol, and loaded a brush. I then covered the miniature in paper, leaving only the cleaver exposed. I took the loaded brush, held it over the cleaver, took a straw and blew through it onto the brush. Voila - splatter-gore :) )

I am just trying out these slightly more extreme styles of painting for the first time, so if anyone has any pointers, helping hints or suggestions, please comment.

Edited by Sholto