Myranda Shopping List

96p

In before everyone goes on about Myranda being a terrible model. :P

I'm not a Marcus player (yet), but I've been thinking about starting for a while. Obvious choices for Myranda would seem to be the Shikome and the Slate Ridge Mauler (when it gets a model). Otherwise, the Razorspine Rattler for x-treme speed and the Sabertooth in a pinch.

Regarding your question: Myranda is one of those models you want to have a reasonably big pool of models available for, because the best answer to "What should I shape change into?" varies wildly based on the situation.

That said, Kadeton's list covers the majority of what you'll want to use her spell for. For the most part, Myranda's shape changing ability allows you to either swap in a combat savvy model after getting her into a good position (frequently one that the original model wouldn't have been able to get to easily,) or just straight up SS efficiency by turning into a more expensive model.

One thing to note: while a Shikome is fast and pretty durable, they tend to have lackluster damage output for their without a Single Minded target. Because Myranda doesn't pick one when she shape changes, I've found that this option is better used defensively, to bring in a Spirit model to soak hits, or a fast, flying model to run objectives. Otherwise, you'll want to find a way to spend that (all) action to get her humming in combat.

I'll end this post by simply saying that I hope you find her more useful than I have. *wink*

I know there seems to be a lot of almost anti-Myranda commentary, but I like her cause she is like the universal remote of Malifaux. I'm still figuring her out. My favorite combo is a sabortooth and a razorspine. Its an amazing tactic that will either rip through a model or two, or if your opponant sees what can happen give you some board control.

To me, probably the best choices for Myranda to Shapeshift into are;

Shikome - Still decent without the prey, but if you can spare an (all) action or another Shikome's Hunting Partner she becomes a monster in melee!

Slate Ridge Mauler - Same cost as Myranda, she's faster for the pre-transform turns and thye Mauler's spell is not that necessary anyway.

Sabretooth - I still don't like the big kitty, but I can't deny that Shapeshifting into a Sabretooth at the right moment enables her to put out a ridiculous number of attacks;

1. (0) Clawshape to boost Myranda's Melee.,

2. Melee Expert - Attack a model

3. (1) Shapeshift into The Sabretooth

4. Make three more attacks with Three Headed plus the general AP. (4 attacks total)

Razorspine - The Razorspine's spell is rubbish, which means that aside from the AP and :tome you spend, you don't really lose anything from taking Myranda and using her as a Razorspine. The main competition to the razoprspine tends to be the Shikome, but when Myranda-kome doesn't start with Prey, the Razorspine becomes a much more viable choice by comparison.

Other handy models to have in a pinch would be;

Silurid - If you need to get her somewhere VERY fast or escape from melee, this is your best choice.

Malifaux Raptor - Shapeshift into a Raptor, hit a friendly model with the enrage trigger and then shapeshift back to cast it's spells. ;)

Night Terror - For when you have a pack of Night Terrors to fly around with. It makes the entire pack much faster and should get Myranda to where you want her.

• Shikome:
    • Now has to select a prey when summoned.

[*]

• ERRATA: - 'Hunting Partner' should say "Target another friendly beast"

wouldn't that mean that Myranda has to choose a Target whenever she shapechanges ?

96p there is a difference between summon and shapechange.. so no prey when myranda turns... :(

Koali's got it. Sadly. :(

Myranda turning into a Shikome is actually the only way you can get one on the table that doesn't automatically allow her to select a Single Minded target. However, that's probably for the best, as any Arcanist can take Myranda and the last thing anyone wants is a Shikome showing up in even more lists. ;)

EDIT:

Expanding on Rathnard's thought, you can potentially get a ton of attacks out of Myranda. Someone else came up with this sequence, but it's one of the more entertaining uses of Shapechange I've read:

- Start turn as a Razorspine.

- Charge in for (1).

- Revert to Myranda for (0).

- Make Melee Expert attack (+1).

- Use last General AP to Shapechange into Cerberus.

- Make two more attacks using Three Headed (+2).

That's one charge attack (with possible Poison trigger,) one admittedly weak attack (with possible Poison trigger,) and two more decent damage attacks.

Granted, all of that working out is akin to the stars aligning, but interactions like that are worth bearing in mind, as that kind of flexibility is definitely Myranda's biggest strength.

Edited by Nephalumps