Ramos and Arcane Effigy

Chrisgossett

Hello All,

I have been following some of the Ramos threads and play Marcus but have been considering picking up a Ramos Crew. It is currently the general view that in order to run Avatar Ramos most people will take the Mobile Toolkit and Rusty Alice. I have been considering this, and have been thinking that the Mobile Toolkit should not be necessarily, I understand the draw to it with the auto tomb to summon but taking into consideration the two extra cards from Rusty Alice the extra card from the Arcane Effigy and the additional cast the need for the tomb should not be there.

so some basic math; I am doing this in my head so forgive me if there are a few basic mistakes and it is not a complete formula. There are 8 cards in your deck that can cast your summon spells, you are statistically going to draw a minimum of one in your starting hand of 9 cards and have a decent chance of drawing two. that being said lets not forget the flip to try to cast the spell, you have up to 4 chances to cast electrical creation, your 2ap casting expert then the effigy casting ap. that's 4 more chances to grab a tomb if you do then you also trigger surge netting yet another card you can also use the tomb you started with in your hand to surge early if needed. that is a total of 14 cards that you see out of your deck to grab only two of those needed 8 cards.

so this post feels a bit like I am rambling, but that's it in a nut shell and the bonus is after you manifest you will have the Effigy extra casting with avatar Ramos and you wont be spending points on models that you are going to kill on purpose.

I've never been a massive fan of chewing through actions (and stones) with a 'good' chance to get to something you can get to near automatically for 3ss. Consistency wins games. The AE is good, I'm just not sure it's better than a hassle free turn 2 Manifest.

I'm also not sold on Alice yet, 10ss is a lot for a crew that's already normally spending 10ss for aRamos (aRamos + MTK + LSPA), bulking this up to 20ss and having them do little to nothing for two turns is asking a lot. Especially given the number of fast crews out there.

PS: Not to picky but :tomes is a tome, not a tomb. Very different things :)

I picked up Rusty Alice specifically for Ramos, and have yet to play her because I always needed to juggle some points. Now with 2 extra SS fro avatars, she is a little harder to to justify. The 3SS cost of the toolkit I think is worth it, especially if you kill it after it give ramos the :tomes. It also gives the scrap counter he need to summon the arachnid. Basically you are paying for the arachnid and getting free :tomes turn 1.