Stage Door Johnny

Str18Int3

I've played excactly one game of Malifaux, with two models per side. A coworker and I decided to try Malifaux and I bought a Lady J box and a Seamus box for learning, and then he bought a Viktorias box painted off ebay because he liked the models. I am really very interested in Colette, but I know she's kind of advanced. I'm curious how experienced with Malifaux people recommend one gets before running off to join the cabaret.

She isn't overly complicated but the biggest thing you need to understand as a player is positioning of her models with her because if you don't get it right you could lose a lot of your expensive models if you lose initiative for the start of the turn and then be in a real rough patch for the rest of the game with her.

Colette is very rewarding, and very powerful. She also has by far the best-looking crew in the game.

She has a steeper learning curve than Lady J, Seamus or the Viktorias, but once you're past the learning stage you'll find that she's far more versatile and able to respond to a variety of situations than any of those Masters. She runs rings around almost any other crew, which makes completing objectives a breeze. Her only weakness is a lack of high damage-dealing capability, but in general she's more than capable of separating out targets from the enemy pack and murdering them at her leisure.

Plus, there's always the look on your opponent's face when his most expensive minion gets turned into a Mannequin.

Funny we have similar tastes. I started off with Seamus as someone simple with some strong attacks and his harem to back him up. I wanted to get Collette so bad! She is a great master and very strong! Just watched a game last night where gremlins couldnt hardly hit her and her crew...Let alone do damage.

Anyways my girlfriend got her so I'm not getting her now but seeing Colette in action all the time is so much fun!

Collette has a few tricks to learn, but is great fun to play, i got her as my first master, and also the one i used on my intro game (because someone told me about a master i loved the sound of and there was a hat, and it was arcanist) So i went with Colette of the choices from arcanists with hats i had for the intro game, was great fun, not really to hard to play just you keep learning more and more for a fair while with her (just dont be sparing with your SS, use them, and make them when you have low enough cards to bin for them) and she is fine :D

Also i won my first game with her, (maybe with a couple of extra pointers than perdita got, Coryphee with reactivate is sort of awesome though:P) But ill definately recommend her:)