New to Malifaux and playing Raspy

Ayezik

So I from what is have picked up from lurking around the forums is that many people start off playing with Rasputina and that she is pretty easy to play. Am I right? Well I will be doing the same thing and I was wondering what would be the best place to go after the starter box? What models should i pick up later on?

I was thinking totems and it seems that essence of power is the best way to go over the wendigo. Is the wendigo bad? I really like playing fluff over competitive.

If you like playing fluff the Wendigo is perfectly fine for casting Raspy's Ice Pillars. There is however a gigantic jump in effective use between the essence and the Wendigo.

As long as you are aware and accepting of that the Wendigo will serve you fine.

If you are playing fluffy her box is certainly ok, you'll want a silent one or two to add to it.

Depending on your strategy and schemes is how I would suggest deciding which to go with unless fluff is more important. If you want more damage output then go EoP if you want more versatility and speed go wendigo. Also the wendigo is a good choice to get the graverobber ability on the table if you want to manifest Raspy's avatar. I haven't tried the Raspy/Kaeris combo yet so not sure but have been told that the best totem to use with kaeris is the student of conflict so I'm looking forward to trying them both out once I get her.

Student of Conflict is a great totem for Kaeris. It uses its (all) action to grant her Fast. Fast + Casting Expert + 2 General AP + a 0 allows her to Fly over, burn targets twice, and Fly back to safety, most likely gaining and cycling through cards in the process. It could do the same for Rasputina, but her lack of wings and generally slow movement speeds may not shine quite as well. However, with two Student of Conflicts (one for 'Tina, one for Kaeris), you might be able to get more mileage out of them. They can grant Fast to any model within 3 inches, not just their attached Master or Henchman. A Fast Golem would be scary indeed.

Kaeris works great with Ramos, but I haven't had a chance to play her with / see her in action with Rasputina yet. The fire and ice fluff is nice. [I'm holding out hope that Kaeris & Sonnia will get a Fire Golem in book 4.]

Raspy was my first (and out respect of that still my most used) master. By all means shes an easy master to learn with. While people usually list others when asked.. Id go as far to have the opinion shes is one the best to start with. Reason being: her box sets utilizes all the skills you need to get a grasps with. Spell casting through Raspy, melee through your golem, model interaction using mirror, even a bit of ranged with her little ice toddlers. Most importantly you learn how important model placement can be when trying to deal with the crews pitiful movement.

As far as totems there is really no contest; Essence all the way. There is a few select circumstances you might take wendigo instead (I still play the crazy cat woman build when out just for fun;) but Essence is useful no matter what you go up against so is her default totem.

Next purchase.... silent one, or maybe.. yeah.. a silent one.

I can field a tad over 100pts on Raspy theme. Unless playing a cat build for fluff, the first two models to go in every single build is EoP and Silent One.